I MAY HAVE HIT BOTTOM

by BONEZZ 77 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Panda, to exonerate the Watchtower in any manner in their quest to rip families apart is reprehensible. At one time, we were all duped into believing this cult was the truth. We have grown and learned what they are. Many of our loved ones have not. But, to encourage a daughter to deny her father his right, one you look forward to your entire life from their birth, simply because you no longer wish to be in that cult, is abominable.

Should we all become good little brainwashed dubbies again so we may have the love of our families?

Regardless of religious beliefs, a father is entitled to walk his daughter down the aisle.

Lew W

Edited by - DakotaRed on 9 August 2002 0:56:44

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Bonezz,

I can add nothing except to say how sorry I am.

Free

• onacruse
    onacruse

Bonnezz: What can I say except that I have tears in my as I write this? I will never see my children married, or my parents buried.

My heart goes out to you!!

Craig

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

PandaJ wrote:

Just like birthdays, etc. Yes, they are 'conscience matters' but we all know what that means as a JW.

REALLY? Birthday is a conscience matter?????? I thought it was more than "conscience matter". Darn! I could've celebrated my 30th birthday for a big time.

By the way PandaJ, I didn't mean to upset you. Sorry if I offended you in anyway.

• barry
    barry

Dear Bonnezz, You should be able to go to the elders and talk to them and have the problem fixed and they should talk to youre daughter regardless of youre standing with the JWs. Dont feel bad there the ones with the problems not you .
    Barry

• dawn27
    dawn27

I am so sorry.. I truely believe your daughter will regret her actions just as I regret how I treated my father when he first got df'd. My brother was getting married to a sister and they left my mom (pioneer, holier-than-thou) in charge of the invitations. She did not even send one to our dad to attend the ceremony and not the reception.He was so sad and hurt but kept showing my brother and I unconditional love and concern while mom continued to bash dad and knit-pick everything my brother and I did. "Evil seed" you know. It was the first time we saw another side to the so-called truth. To make a long story short, my brother and I are both inactive now and my father is walking me down the aisle next week to a wonderful, spiritual (non-denominational) man. Although I took the high road and still sent my mom an invitation, she and the other dubs are not going to come. So, it is their loss. I guess they can feel the hurt of being excluded. They can dish it out but sure can't take it. Please don't give up on your daughter,, she will see how much you care and it may be the first step for her like it was for my brother and I. Take care & hang in there. Dawn

• dawn27
    dawn27

I am so sorry.. I truely believe your daughter will regret her actions just as I regret how I treated my father when he first got df'd. My brother was getting married to a sister and they left my mom (pioneer, holier-than-thou) in charge of the invitations. She did not even send one to our dad to attend the ceremony and not the reception.He was so sad and hurt but kept showing my brother and I unconditional love and concern while mom continued to bash dad and knit-pick everything my brother and I did. "Evil seed" you know. It was the first time we saw another side to the so-called truth. To make a long story short, my brother and I are both inactive now and my father is walking me down the aisle next week to a wonderful, spiritual (non-denominational) man. Although I took the high road and still sent my mom an invitation, she and the other dubs are not going to come. So, it is their loss. I guess they can feel the hurt of being excluded. They can dish it out but sure can't take it. Please don't give up on your daughter,, she will see how much you care and it may be the first step for her like it was for my brother and I. Take care & hang in there. Dawn

• Sirona
    Sirona

(((BONEZZ))))

You made a comment about thinking your daughter doesn't love you. I can honestly say that I think she really does! She does love you, but she's probably under pressure from other people. Her wedding day will be stressful to plan and she doesn't want to upset anyone...rather than argue she probably just went along with all the stupid Jdubs who 'advised' her to tell you this.

Who is walking her down the aisle then? Anyone?

I agree with everyone that you should communicate your feelings about this to her. She may change her mind when she realises how much it means to you. Maybe she just doesn't think you'd be so upset.

You will get through this, just like you've courageously got through other problems. The only way is up.

Sirona

• You Know
    You Know

I really really hate the bastards.... No religion.... Family first..and I'd kill anyone coming to my door preaching their brand of hate.

The other day when I posted a piece about apostate Dubs having the potential to become stone-cold killers when things get ugly during the oncoming tribulation, some protested and insisted that no one hates anybody. Thanks for clearing all that up for us. LOL / You Know

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I see the sniffling weasel crawled out of bed at circa 230 in the morning Washington state USA time?

Having difficulty sleeping because of your bladder problem old man?

For you to post such nonsense at ANY hour is appalling, much less this early in the morning.

To generalize that the entire exJW public or that all individuals who reject the WT are capable of murder based off a comment made by an individual on an Internet message board?

Well in that case, your just a sick fuck.

Then again, we already knew that.

Thanks for the reminder Bobby.

My Signature:

My DBZ Anime:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34152&site=3

My StarWars Artwork:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34153&site=3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit