Dallas Apostapics..Even More!

by Valis 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

That was sensational - thank you so much Valis. It was great to see more pix of you guys...each and every one of you. Lying Eyes and Xena (edited to add Billygoat), you are both exactly how I expected you to be, in fact all of you ladies were just simply exquisite...and all you gentlemen are simply charming. I've talked to a few in chat and its great to now see you, kinda feels like I've just met you in person. That was awesome...and its great to see you all had such a good time.

I am wondering how far you all had to travel to be there, how many hours driving or flying??

Beck

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 12 August 2002 1:37:46

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wow Valis looks like you totally outdid yourself!!

Nice pictures, looks like and sounded like lots of fun!

Thanks for sharing.

bc :o) big silly grin

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Beck,

Good question - RE: How long to drive there.

I drove up from San Antonio to Dallas - a distance of 300 miles (483km). Coming back. I made no stops and it took me 5 hours to drive - averaging 60mph (96km/h).

The speed limits along the route varied from 70mph (113km/h) down to 55mph (89km/h) - so I feel that's a good average.

Regards,

Jim_TX

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Cool, very cool.

ash

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

I must say that I had THE most AWESOME time!! Dustbunny (NOT to be confused with the Rabbit) had a great night! Valis DOES know how to throw a party. Much thanks to him AND his roommate for the great homemade food, hospitality, and patience!

I loved meeting everyone. The pics are great! I have so many new friends now....better start budgeting for those XMAS gifts!!!

Personally, we drove in from Houston...about 4.5 to 5 hours. It was TOTALLY worth it!!

-Fire

• Dustbunny
    Dustbunny

Not to be confused with The Rabbit

Someone should have gotten a pic of Valis holding the whip so everyone can see just how big it really was. Ouch!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

We had a positively fantastic time! Travis, you were definitely hostess with the mostess! Food was great! Thanks so much for opening your home to us. As always, you are such a generous and gracious soul!

It was so awesome meeting some of the people I've not met before: LyinEyes - you are a beauty! It was great getting to know you and your kids and your sweet husband. (Bald is SOOO sexy!)

Xena and Tyydyy - I'm so glad you came up! Your daughter is positivelly beautiful! We shared pet stories while we played with Travis' hedgehog. Personally, I think you should let her get one. I told her to tell you Aunt Andi said it was okay.

SixofNine - Thanks for the time in the back room. I hope the documentary comes out like you are envisioning. Hmm. That didn't sound so good did it?

Mozzer - Thank YOU for being such a good sport! I know the background of all of us is totally different than yours and I appreciate you letting us hang out so much. I hope you had fun too!

This week was totally MADE because of the two apostafests! Had a great time!

Love to you all!

Andi

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day to everyone in those awesome pics. Glad you had a great time.

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to post them.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Valis
    Valis

I think I need a week to recover! I'll be planning another soon...very soon....eheh...Glad all you folks have enjoyed our pics. If there are any of you attendees that need to host any pics let me know. I have plenty of web space so just email them to me and I'll post them for you.

I also have 5 shot glasses from our party supplied by the lovely Lyineyes and my man Wild Turkey of the Louisianna Branch. Sooo...let's see...I'll make this easy. Ummm...the first five to email me will recieve one courtesy of the USPS. Good luck!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "tired but very happy" class

• Valis
    Valis

Overbeerial Report

Tuesday the 6th- joy2befree, jst2laws, Billygoat, VeniceIT, megadude, and Overbeer meet at Snookies in Dallas for drinks. We partake in bad association for many hours then all but Billygoat & jst2laws end up at my house for pizza and more alchohol.

Wednesday the 7th-We all meet at the Blue Mesa Grill...Billygoat, Mozzer4life, Overbeer, COMF & lovely guest, Cowboy, Jesika, Debbie, Willowstreet, elsewhere, sixofnine, Akmost There, VeniceIT, Salud, Seguro, roo & sister, megadude, Sam Beli, joy2befree, jst2laws & fam (there may be more so let me know if I missed anyone) all meet for food, drinks, birthday cake, presents, and the worst association you ever saw. We were quite rowdy and loud..they could hear us in Kinngdom Halls all over the Dallas Fort Worth area...

Thursday-Almost There and Venice come over for a short visit

Saturday the 10th -Overbeer and roommate Bob cook like a mutha fucking riot...The menu is as follows..

Bob's homemade potato bread
    Valis' homemade Ceasar salad from scratch
    Bob's zuchini pie
    Bob's brocolli casserole (hot dish for all you yankees)
    Valis' Minnesota wild rice casserole
    Bob's tortilla rollups
    Cowboys homegrown steaks
    Valis' homemade peach ice cream
    Almost There brought a yummy chocolate cake
    birthday cake from Wednesday

My estimation on beer consumption looks to be around 7-8 cases, w/some left over, but not for long..eheh There was also much wine, Jack Danials, and sissy flavored alchohol.

Those in attendance not including the guests because I can barely remember all the user names..*L*

Wild Turkey, Lyineyes, elsewhere, megadude, shutterbug, Jim_TX, heathen, Jesika, Amost There, notperfectyet, Willowstreet, cowboy, eyegirl, VeniceIT, tyydyy, Xena, shutterbug, sixofnine, hemplover, nativenyr23, Billygoat, Mozzer4life, FireDragon, Dustbunny...(there may be more so let me know if I missed anyone) Is this a record?

We all had a great time. nativenyr23 got a real birthday spanking...with my biggest whip
    sixofnine shot some interviews for a documentary which I hope we all get to see very soon
    jehovah must have been looking after us, because the cops didn't show up...alchohol raised the decibel level up a whole bunch of notches.
    Some Apostates partook in spiritual food for the first time....always a pleasure to witness new members of the bongregation and meet old ones..eheh
    I got to meet Wild Turkey...nuff said!

Sunday the 11th Overbeer, eyegirl, cowboy, Lyineyes, WT and his flock of miniature WTs go have lunch at Glorias for Salvadoran food. WT and fam depart for Louisiana and eyegirl and I hang out. sixofnine comes over w/his daughter to help w/the leftovers...eyegirl passes out on couch..

Monday the 12th eyegirl returns to the great north...

Thanks all again and I look forward to our next gathering. My only hope is that we can get back together before Armageddon starts. *L*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Edited by - Valis on 12 August 2002 18:12:31

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit