JWZone Thread on Bill Bowen - UPDATED!

by SYN 170 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• amac
    amac

Farkel -

I've seen reference to this several times...

chickenshit elders taped trashbags to their windows right in front of him, then went inside without him, had their little kangaroo court and later notified Bill he was DF'd. They wouldn't even believe it even though Bill took pictures of the whole thing.

I guess I'm confused on the bit about them going inside without him...what should they have done? Gone to his car and personally requested him to get out and come inside? I think it safe to assume that Bill understood that the meeting was inside the building, not in his car. I guess I don't understand why he didn't go inside if he is concerned about not getting DFed.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Fuck these worthless douchebags.

• amac
    amac

Sorry Farkel, I missed your edit directed at me. I guess I can assume your reply to my previous post will also be filled with hostility and be useless.

Why is everyone so wound up on this board? Some serious group therapy needed around here!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

What are you getting at? How did I defend them? I said I see similarities between the boards. I see in those post people rationalizing to fit their ideals, people making false assumptions based on second hand information, and people vilifying others to make them feel justified in their cause. I see the same thing on this board from time to time.

But you see it as a matter of course there. Every single comment was from a position of circle-the-wagons ignorance. Every single comment was an attempt to rationalize to fit ideals. And for what? At what expense? Amac, is it OK for them to judge a man like Bill Bowen negatively?

Is it? At what cost? I won't even bring innocent children into the picture in this discussion (although in a sense, it's impossible not to). Is it ok to be wrong and beligerently ignorant about a person who is trying to do good, whether that good is of the critical level of importance that the pedophilia issue or the blood issues bring to the fore, or not? Seems to me that it is injustice and slander against good people. A JW is a rank hypocrite if they tolerate injustice and slander, as they speak so strongly against those things. Is it ok?

Decent people say no, it is not ok. Scumbags don't care, and then you have the brainwashed, controlled people. Still though, I used to "hang out" on the net with those very people, benadam, Dang, and others. They do have brains, it is time for them to use them for the good. And you as well amac.

And the simple fact is, we (the posters on this board) do have first-hand information. Seen any threads by a poster named Silentlambs lately? How about "aRoarer"? Erika? Hiedi? See any post with news articles and court records lately?

The question for you is; why am I choosing to be on the side of badness, the side that hurts people? ex-JW's dont' hurt anyone, not as a group. Many, most, seem to be trying to help those who have been and are being hurt. So why aren't you joining in? Why the criticism?

I guess my flabbergasted-ness comes when I run across people like you who can't seem to generate any passionate hatred for people and organizations that kill and emotionally maim children on an alter of arrogant theology.

You can keep your teeth, but I hope you realise you've lost your dignity.

Edited by - SixofNine on 6 August 2002 19:47:56

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

amac-

Were you ever a JW? If so how can you not understand our hostility? My family are still JW's (mom, dad, brothers), but I still hate the WTBTS. I also wonder how these people (my family) can not see past all the lies! I know they are intelligent, but they aren't acting like it.

Many here were abused, shunned, humiliated and treated like shit by JW's, why wouldn't we be hostile? And you seem to be in one way or another siding with these people that cause much pain daily which will direct hostility towards you!

Mr. Bowen did not enter the Hall because 1) weren't the doors locked and 2) they were doing things on THEIR terms. He asked to bring witnesses and this wasn't allowed. Had it been a FAIR meeting he could possibly wanted to be involved.

• teejay
    teejay

Thanks, Syn, for posting this.

It reminds me of typical conversations I had in car groups and walking between doors: one-dimensional, intolerant, stupid, illogically loyal to an erroneous point of view.

Oh... and it also reminds me of why I don't bother going to sites like JWZone.

• Farkel
    Farkel

amac,

: I guess I'm confused on the bit about them going inside without him...what should they have done? Gone to his car and personally requested him to get out and come inside? I think it safe to assume that Bill understood that the meeting was inside the building, not in his car. I guess I don't understand why he didn't go inside if he is concerned about not getting DFed.

Why don't you ask Bill yourself? That's a lot easier than ASSuming stuff and making assinine statements like you "think it is safe to ASSume this and that."

Stop acting like a nitwit and you'll stop being treated like one.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 6 August 2002 20:1:23

• amac
    amac

Big Man (you know who I mean) -

First of all, yes I have lost my dignity. I consider it a necessity for objective education.

Second of all, you seem to have missed my point. Where have I defended these people? In fact, I made a list of the errors I see in their thinking. I simply pointed out that these are errors in thinking we all make, and when we consider how we have made these same mistakes, it is easier to understand others. When we understand others better, it is easier to communicate. When it is easier to communicate, it is easier to correct each other. Nothing beats a transitive intelligence.

• amac
    amac
    Why don't you ask Bill yourself? That's a lot easier than ASSuming stuff and making assinine statements like you "think it is safe to ASSume this and that."

True, true. I guess it serves no purpose in discussing it without his input.

Thanks for the tip, asshole.

Edited to add: I liked it better when your post just said "nitwit" at the end.

Edited by - amac on 6 August 2002 20:4:22

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze

I just showed this thread to some of my friends at work (who know next to nothing of JW's except what they've learned from me) some of who watched the Dateline episode. I got a lot of "Dude, haven't these people heard of Jim Jones?", and, "So if they get busted in court, are they gonna drink the Kool-Aid?" and "Jeez, what a bunch of sick f***'s"

I keep pointing wordly friends to loyalist JW sites after a conversation with my cousin.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33390&site=3

I have found this to be much more damaging to the org than sites like this.

Ciao,

Anton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit