Where are the Masculine Men?

by teenyuck 101 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Good question, Puffs!

But I wonder...

... if I see a locked email, is that a sure sign of a troll?

Or is it that all trolls lock their emails?

hmmm....

Please help. Uh... you are welcome to email me.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

After reading this thread and the "other" one...
    i'd really have to think that
    masculinity is in the eye of the beholder.

SPAZ

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

teejay, you are not a troll and I never implied this.

Fat Jack/4skins/Alchemist all have too few posts and nothing of interest to be anything but trolls.

My point is that troll types seem to lock their e-mail-usually.

• Solace
    Solace

Teejay, Ive been away for a few and I am still trying to catch up here. I cant believe this is still going on. I am not trying to open up another can here but I think you mentioned that photos do not tell much about a person except for appearance etc. I have to disagree. A photo can say quite a bit about a person. I have seen photos and posts of Dakota Red, Simon, Valis, LB, Yerusilym, Dmouse, Englishman, Gopher that show them to be very caring, family or people oriented. I posted pictures on the previous "ahem" thread of me with my children. (forgive me I know Im forgetting many) Xena, Moe, Cappachino, Plmkrzy & Incense have also posted pictures of themselves and their beautiful, happy, healthy children which shows me that they are not only feminine but loving, maternal and nuturing as well. Just because a woman sticks up for her rights, I dont believe that she automatically hates men. I know someone mentioned earlier that women today may "dress down" because they may not always want "that kind" of attention. I agree. Not that I always enjoyed it but being from the Detroit area, I know there are times when you have to leave the frills at home. Sometimes its nice to go for a walk or for a bike ride and not hear all the cat calls, ya know?

As far as masculine men go, I agree with Moe that appearance has nothing to do with it. Masculine to me is someone with self respect and respect for others, honesty, compassion etc. There are alot of men on this board who are very masculine. They may not all be body builders but they are very trustworthy and would give you the shirt of their back in a minute.

I think we have all been chatting here long enough to know that the women posting here do not "hate" men and Teejay, although I do not agree with you 100%, I like you and I know that you do not hate women. I would however love to be a fly on the wall when your daughter is older and you give her that "fatherly advice on being feminine" you spoke about earlier.

Anyway, I believe we have all basically just witnessed a "certain" posters pathetic attempt in getting us all to just about kill eachother, male vs. female.. I almost wonder if "4skin" wasnt in fact a woman since (he or she) knew exactly which of our buttons to push.

• JanH
    JanH

Heaven,

I almost wonder if "4skin" wasnt in fact a woman since (he or she) knew exactly which of our buttons to push.

Nah. All men knows that, if nothing else from bumping into said buttons by accident. Many times.

Oops, I hope I didn't hit one now....

- Jan

• Solace
    Solace

Jan,

Im laughing so you must not have, unless there was another button you were going for.

• ros
    ros

Hey, Jan:

You used to be more astute on this subject. What happened?

~Ros

• somebody
    somebody

I am confused. Where did all the masculine men go?

Right here is one of them:

:-)

peace,

somebody

• Solace
    Solace

Here is actual proof that some men start young.

While we were away this week, we took the kids to the wax museum. As I was snapping a picture of "Marilyn", I noticed my son, yes "MY SON" in the lower left hand corner being Uhhhh, a little naughty. Hes only five and we were the only ones in the room so I know for a fact that nobody told him to do this. He just walked right up and well, you'lle see... Sigh.... Boys will be boys I guess.

• JanH
    JanH
    Im laughing so you must not have, unless there was another button you were going for.

Uh, heaven, I better not comment on what button I was going for. I do, after all, have a lot in common with your son.

LOL at picture. Very cute! Now, imagine that guy at 15!

- Jan

PS: Ros: Uh??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit