Where are the Masculine Men?

by teenyuck 101 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

LOL @ I & P

Edited by - puffsrule on 30 July 2002 15:25:2

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Puffs, sort of depends on your definition of masculine, doesn't it? I'm not exactly buffed, but no slouch either. Even my belly is shrinking a bit. At 5 foot 8 in, I weigh 175 lbs and watch what I eat. I do hard physical work almost everyday, so I'm too tired for working out when I get home. Besides, weekends are when I work out in the yard and such. And, my pants are never allowed to droop off my butt. My legs, arms and chest are fairly hairy, although getting as gray as my head. What else would I expect at 53?

As for machismo, I machoed with the best of them some thirty years ago. Didn't really care for that. Although not what I would call a scrapper and not one to go looking for trouble, I don't run away if it finds me, either. I have no problem putting someone I care for behind me when faced with danger. I've even been known to get involved when total strangers are in need of help.

Is that masculine? I don't really know. I don't try to impress people, just try to be who I am.

For the record, I stayed out of 4skins thread on women intentionally. I disagree with his assessment and find most all women as feminine as can be. Besides, you ladies kicked his butt pretty good, I thought.

Lew W

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Men are almost universally stupid when it comes to understanding women and how they think, believe me I know these things as I am one.lol

If you do not believe me, try this experiment.

Sit quietly in any city bar and watch carefully. Look for the ugliest, most overweight, greasiest man you can find. You know the one, He with the missing front tooth and his tattoos spelled incorrectly, the deodorant free zone with breath that smells like a Dingo's rear end - I think you get my meaning.

Now, watch carefully as an attractive well dressed, women walks into the bar. He sees her reflection in the bar-room mirror and suddenly with the quickest movement he has made all day turns to face her, sticking his belly out proudly, greeting her with a wink and a leer. Yes, these people have no clue as to how they appear to women. They actually think that women are just waiting to caress their fetid hair just because they are men and because the last time they formed the beast with two backs their little tails worked.

If they get their face slapped, the women is a lesbian. If the women is too polite to injure them, well their masculine charms have worked again......lol

Unfortunately this attitude is not the monopoly of this type of man either.

HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 30 July 2002 15:34:19

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Hillary:

I thought you promised not to talk about me if I bought you a beer.

Expatbrit

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

It's true about women in the business world. That's why in business management they have the term "front office" and back office" girl. The front office women look all attractive up front where they have to deal with customers and they put the smart, but ugly ones in the back. As far as I've seen they don't do that with men!

See, the key to beating the system is to become absolutely necessary and then you can do what you want within reason to prove a point that this front office / back office stuff is a load of crap. The week before I had to go out to Omaha to begin initial specifications for a new software package for a customer, I dyed my hair Bright Pink! There was nothing they could do but hand me my plane ticket. Who else was going to go?

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

LOL at Hillary - This is so incredibly true!

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

In Canada.

• SYN
    SYN

Canadians aside , yours truly has virtually no body hair other than that which rests on top of my scalp, and even that is gotten rid of occasionally. Why do men have to be hairy? Besides, most ladies love a clean-shaven cheek (some like the rugged look, I know).

As a very famous author who's name has slipped my memory once said, "You can judge the worth of a man by the countenance of his wife's face".

A truly masculine man knows how to treat a lady, and a truly feminine woman knows how to treat a man. That's on the mental level. On the physical level, tastes vary

• D8TA
    D8TA

What's this "muscle definition"=masculinity?

I weigh 235-240 lbs. Not "donut" lbs. either. I'm stacked, but not defined. Masculinity=definition? Ha! Definition is all genetics.

Put another guy next to me, with the same weight and build, he looks like Arnold Schwarzahow-to-spell-his-name....where as I look more like a heavyweight boxer or NFL linebacker. I'm not "cut". I don't have a 6-pac...but I dont have a beer belly. I am fit.

And for "Canadian" men being masculine? HAR! Due to the exchange rate, Canadian men are only 3/4's of a man, compared to the U.S. males.

D8TA

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I think it's closer to 6/10's, D8TA.

Expatbrit, glad that US$1 = UKP 0.75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit