Where are the Masculine Men?

by teenyuck 101 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

LOL@Fred! Here Kitty!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Being masculine has little to do with body shape, but more to do with attitude. Or am I mixing up the whole concept with the idea of being a gentleman?

Seems to me that 4skins has been emasculated at the cerebral level (if his thread is anything to go by).

Facial hair poll: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=33229&site=3

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    As I drive down the street, I see some construction workers. Their pants are falling off as they stand with their "Road Work Ahead" signs. Their guts are so big; they have gross bellies that won't hold up their pants. They haven't shaved in days and their tee-shirt looks like they washed it in mud.

lol.....And these are the females....

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Puffsrule, I was laughing so hard at your opening comments because it is so true what you wrote. I am sitting here in my dirty work clothes having a beer contemplating whether i need to work out more... lol

I guess as far as the whole masculinity/femininity thing goes, we each have our own way of defining what it means to us and there is something out there for everyone that fits our varying versions of it.

I also think that while we have our preconceived ideas of what masculinity/femininity are, the reality of people we meet in life can bring us back down to earth as to what truly make men men and women women.

Path

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

LOL @ Hillary!

I think 4skins should post his picture! Let's see how much of a man he really is!

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Puff said: "Why don't we judge men as harshly as we judge women? Why can a butt-ugly man get any job, any where? The world over. Men are not judged on their looks. They should be."

Puff, as a business man I have hired hundreds of people over the years. I certainly avoided the "butt-ugly" men when ever possible. However, what concerned me far more than appearance was attitude. A male with a "Im gods gift to your operation" attitude would be trouble from day one. I found that more men than women had such attitudes. I called them "jerks." Jerks, were "butt-ugly" IMHO.

Women could also be troublesome. You know, those often described with the "B" word. Either way, male or female, troublesome workers and "bad attitudes" were usually synonymous.

Pleasant attitudes, whether possessed by a male or female, bring such a wonderful atmosphere to the work place that I was always so grateful for and pleased to work with them.

Over the years, in my experience, more women were pleasant to work with then were men, though there certainly were some of both. I continue to be friends with some of both persuasions years after working with them.

BTW, I seldom knew what kind of auto they drove. The engine that interested me was the one inside their head. A "what is best for the customer attitude" was what I wanted, irrespective of the packaging. I must admit, though, that if the packaging was "nice," all the better, but packaging was certainly last on the list of requirements.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

Where are the Masculine Men?

where else?

• teejay
    teejay

Here!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Path-I agree

Sam-I agree

However, in my experience, an ugly man will get a job based upon his abilities. A nice looking man will get a job based upon a combo of abilities and looks.

An ugly woman does not have much hope. There are so many sociological studies that support this. We (society in general) value women for their looks and men for their ability.

How many ugly actresses can you think of? I can think of quite a few ugly actors. They get jobs. If a director needs an unattractive female, he hires a good looking one and makes her look bad.

I think this is deplorable. People should try harder to look beneath the surface and give people a chance. This could be in dating to hiring.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

prove it teejey..show us a picture or something...

unless of coarse you cant or you're too scared.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit