Share your funniest or cutest baby pics!!

by Solace 148 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Comf, seeing you in the old fire truck really brings back memories I never had one, but my cousin did and we played on it all the time. Much better than a tricycle.

Lew W

Watchtower Decruit

• COMF
    COMF

You know what, Dakota, I can't remember that fire engine. I guess it disappeared before my memory capacity kicked in. But we had a whole series of red wagons. My grandpa used to seed us with a 12-pack of 6-ounce returnable Coca-Cola bottles, and then we'd head off down the road, working the ditches for cast-off returnables, filling the wagon up. Usually it was me, my brother, and Bob and Ramsay, the two guys who lived down the road from us. By the time we got to the grocery store (about two miles away) we'd have enough bottles to sell that each of us would get about 63 cents. That would be enough for me to buy a coke, a couple of candy bars, some little junk toy off the rack, and an Archie or Casper the Friendly Ghost comic book.

Those were the days, eh, man? Not a clue about what was going on in the world.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Did we even care about what was going on in the world, Comf? I had a red wagon and had a ball with it. I even had two Tonka Toys, made from all metal! I still have an old airplane my grandfather gave me long, long ago. Four engine prop job that lights flash, propellors spin and moves by itself on the floor, all without any computer chip. Both of my daughters want that. Me and all my male cousins got one the same year from him and mine is the only one left in the family.

Boy, those were the days. Playing outside and didn't even know what TV was for a while. When we did get it, it took five minutes to warm up and when shutting off, we could stare at the little dot forever. Fifteen minutes of news, weather and sports. Nickle candy bars. I kept myself in candy money by picking up bottle off the side of the road and turning them in to the local Food Fair for 2 cents apeice.

We had a ball, didn't we?

Lew W

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

orbitingthesun: i can't see your picie... (?)

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

i don't have any baby pics scanned but these are just too cute ...

• Solace
    Solace

Dutchie, You are beautiful.

Comf, Look at you in your little red wagon, I love it! Cruising for chicks I'll bet!

Mango that poor baby in the bottom picture. I bet they are making him listen to My Book of Bible Stories on CD. Such cheerful uplifting childrens stories they are.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Just to prove we had TV back in the caves, here is one taken on an old kids show. I'm the one in the middle with the floppy ears and my two sisters on each side. I don't know who the other kids were.

We didn't even have a TV when we went to the show. My grandparents in Miami had one and watched us. I actually didn't care for being there. I couldn't see a single cartoon.

Lew W

• Xandria
    Xandria

And of course .. the pony photo...

Rollercoaster... 1st time without a parent.

Xandria

Edited by - xandria on 27 July 2002 11:55:56

• Prisca
    Prisca

Here is me as a baby, sometime in 1970 :

playing in my swimming pool a couple of years later :

• Angharad
    Angharad

There are some cute pics here!!!

Heaven

I've not got any pics of Simon as a baby, but I've seen some he was very cute back then - not sure what happened

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit