by comforter 107 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Even worldly people know this.

Which "worldly people"?

Ozzie

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

doesn't all the KH's have cleaning parties or duties anymore?

We have always had cleaning 4 times a week because we have 4 congergations that meet at 1 KH

Each congergation rotates with the others on days assigned.

I thought that was rather standard?

Same goes for pulling weeds and gardening, mowing the lawn etc.

• comforter
    comforter

Wolf

No one has ever taken a survey of how many clean jw there are. They have not done same with Roman Catholics either. How would you scientifically measure such a thing? But that doesn't mean what I said is untrue. Some things go beyond surveys and statistics.

Celia

Jehovah's people show a willing spirit in harmony with Psalm 110:3. They are like dewdrops. They do not want pay for their loving efforts. Churches hire janitors or their parishoners act as janitors, charging the church for services sometimes. The Witnesses don't want money for cleaning the house of God. They follow scriptures that say present yourself willingly.

Oz

Which worldly people? Have you not read wts and been to assemblies where they talk about how clean jws look, how neat their haircuts and clothes, how clean they leave the assembly halls? Maybe you need a sub to the wt.

plm

we still rotate in cleaning where there is more than one congregation sharing a hall.

You people also insult cultures that are in poverty or lack knowledge of basic hygene skills. Travel around the world and you will see that not everybody has same cleaning standard. Some people think it not necessary to take baths everyday. One person told me not taking bath preserves oil in skin. You better believe it does, along with other things. Like my man Arsenio talk about, the one with the smelly pits is always last to know.

Comforter

• teejay
    teejay

I'm starting to like you, Comforter. Such simple reasoning.

Such pure, child-like trust in your god and his loving watch over you in the form of his organization and all those elders providing the exact direction you so obviously need.

I ain't mad atcha. Must be nice. I remember.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

ha ha ha ha

I really have to say that there are similarities between JW org and the communist party during the Cold War.

The communist countries ( esp. Soviet and North Korea ) kept saying that outside of their organization, no one can survive because things were so terrible esp. in the U.S. Have you read 1984 by George Orwell? He was a communist, and he wrote that book against all democratic countries esp. the U.S. in 1938 or 1948. However, he ended up portraying the dark side of his ideal society, the communist. Hey, maybe I'll start a thread on that!

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

This is an example of what happens when trolls are fed tooooo much---please note the enlarged bellies and cheeks........

Now please for their sake-----must we overfeed them

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Have you not read wts and been to assemblies where they talk about how clean jws look, how neat their haircuts and clothes, how clean they leave the assembly halls?

Sure, I've read that in The Watchtower, but again I ask, which 'worldly people'?

It seems to me that Dubs have delusions of grandeur when it comes to the estimation of themselves. My own efforts to ask 'worldly people' about the Dubs generally draws a blank. In truth, most 'worldly people' know very little or nothing about the Witnesses. The Witnesses simply don't figure in the attention of these 'worldly people'.

Go check some out for yourself. But as for quotes in a WTS magazine, what does that prove?

Cheers, Ozzie

• comforter
    comforter

Dear oz

Your argument implies that any quote in the wt cannot be trsuted. Your reasoning is flawed. Are you telling me that an organization cannot report good comments that others have made about it?

And I have heard people in my community talk about how clean jw are. They like our haircuts, clean shirts and suits and neat cars. They also like the modest dresses of the sisters that don't reveal everything. One local paper even carried a story about a jw. The reporter says that she was impressed by the cleanliness of the jw. The reporter actually took a ride in the jw car.

Comfort

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Dear Comforter,

Don't believe everything you read in papers!

Having been involved in dealing with the press on behalf of the Branch here, I gained an appreciation that the newspapers were glad to have 'copy' i.e. a story to fill up column inches. The news that is reported is often no more than News Releases written by the WTS.

Can a quote in the magazines be trusted? NO!!! Check out the quotes in the Trinity brochure and in the Creation book. They are mis-quotes. So, no, I don't trust 'em!

But even if a few people said they liked your haircut, so what? I don't see that has anything to do with God. Or have I missed something in the Gospels?

Cheers, Ozzie

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• siegswife
    siegswife

Matthew 23:25-28 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. Blind pharisees, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it may also become clean.

Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear to be beautiful but inside are dead mans bones and every sort of uncleaness. In that way you also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous before men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Too bad the Society doesn't worry about cleaning up the things that matter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit