JWs Are the Cleanest People on Earth

by comforter 107 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

One benefit that jws get from being Jehovah's people is the knowledge of good hygiene. Before I came to be a Witness, I did not think it was important to brush my teeth thoroughly or wash under my arms real good and use deodarant. I also tended to be a pack rat with a messy car. But becoming a jw helped me to clean up my act. JWs are the cleanest people in the world, both physically and spiritually. Didn't you all love the wt study today?

Comfort

• Celia
    Celia

Comforter,

What kind of neighborhood did you grow up in ? The great majority of all people I know learn from childhood on that you should brush your teeth at least twice a day, take showers, use deodorant, and try to keep the house and car clean ! No need to become a JW to learn all that ! Gee !

• comforter
    comforter

celia

Not all cultures are the same. Some people are too poor to afford deodarant or too ignorant to know about it. In some real poor countries, people do not even use soap to wash their possessions or body. A knowledge of God's Bible changes all of this.

Comforter

Edited by - comforter on 21 July 2002 19:24:28

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Wow, Comforter, you mean all those showers I took before becoming a JW were meaningless? But, having sat next to some in meetings, I can't agree that all are cleaner. I hate when someone thinks their cologne will cover up their body odor, or when a brother sits next to you reeking of last nights beer binge.

For me, I have to shower every single day, hair an all. I normally get quite dirty at work and sweaty, so off to the showers with me. As for my hands, we have a good strong hand cleaner and a nail brush at work. I use both often.

I can't say JWs are any more clean than any other group of people.

Lew W

• larc
    larc

Comforter, may I ask what country you live in, where people don't understand basic hygene? My I ask which city and which congregation you attend, while I am at it. How about providing your address and phone number while you are at it. Comforter, you are a goof ball. I think you are on a Bethel computer.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp
    A knowledge of God's Bible changes all of this.

Then wouldnt that mean that JW's are the dirtiest people. Since they only have knowledge of the WTS publications not the actual bible...lol

Dang it---I was trying not to feed the troll but that one was sooo wide open I couldn't restrain myself

Spice

• toddy
    toddy

So what you are saying is that you had to become a j.w to learn about personal hygene..you are joking,please tell me your joking!

• D8TA
    D8TA

I guess some people in this world need a publishing company to tell them when and how to wipe their ass. Amazing, after CENTURIES of COMMON SENSE covering ALL Cultures....there are people like Comforter who need this. You are a joke.

D8TA

• Francois
    Francois

It is not without good reason that Queen Victoria sequestered herself for 25 years after the death of Albert, the inventor of tobacco in a can. She did not believe in taking baths for fear of the "flux" and so didn't take any. I say if it's good enough for the Queen, it's good enough for JWs.

What an absurd post.But I guess if you're going to be a pederast, you might as well be a clean pederast.

francois

• comforter
    comforter

Dakota

Not all jws are clean to the same degree. My comments were general and meant to reflect the overall situation of jw religion. But jw as a whole are the cleanest people on earth and those of us that had problems with hygene in the past are still working to improve. Be patient with brothers who are still learning to apply 2 Corinthians 7:1. We must be holy as God is holy.

jws really taught me a bunch about hygene. I thought it was manly and cool to walk around without deodarant on and having uncombed hair was the rage. I skipped a few brushing sessions with the teeth too. Too bad cavities took over before I got the truth. My kids will know better.

Comforter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit