Would/Do you wear a Cross around your neck ??

by Prisca 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

After all that we had drummed into us about NOT the Cross, and particularly about not venerating the symbol itself, I have been wondering about this issue.

So, what are your views about wearing a Cross around your neck ?

Is it just a fashion accessory, or does it mean something to you ?

Inquiring minds would like to know

• Bang
    Bang

I have a crucifix blessed by the pope, up on the wall, a crucifix embroidered onto my university uniform, rosary beads with a crucifix nearby and the front of my house has a crucifix shaped into the natural design, but no, I don't wear one usually.

Bang

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I thought about getting a cross to wear, but thought long and hard and decided it would clash with the grease and oil in my work uniform.

Seriously, it doesn't bother me for someone else to wear one, though. I always thought the whole cross/stake issue to be just a non-issue, something worthless to argue about. Some crosses look nice around a ladies neck, but some are gaudy as hell.

To me, it is just a piece of jewelry, nothing more.

Lew W

• Mackin
    Mackin

I agree with Dakota, it's a peice of jewelry that's all. Some look attractive, some don't.

Mackin.

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

ok...I got this one...

For me there is nothing wrong with wearing a cross. why do maried people wear rings? So that everyone they see can tell that they are married. That is the same type of reason that a christian wears a cross...so that everyone they see knows they are a christian. I hope that this answers your question...i can only tell you why I do.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

I hate those damn things. Everytime I see someone wearing one its just reminds me of the unpleasent trip (well, the sex was pleasent but that's it) I took down to earth to see those ungreatful little twirps.
    Wear something that celebrates my life, not my cruel murder by people trying to cover their own rears. You don't see people who had their kids murdered with a gun wearing gun lockets do you?

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

I wear a Cross with a Star of David in the middle of it. I designed it myself.

The cross I wear is very personal to me, because it my creation.

When I wear my cross it serves as a reminder of the love Jesus did for me.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I think the cross is a non-issue as well. Some look really cool so I don't have a problem. But I get all kinds of crap when I wear my Pentagram necklace (the pentagram is about an inch across). Why are you wearing that? You trying to look cool like you worship the devil? Blah, blah blah.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I like the bracelet that has all the symbols of the worlds religions. Beyond that, I only wear a silver ring with an Arabic symbol for the names of God. Works for me as it is not at all ostentacious.

carm

• allen
    allen

wouldn"t bother me a bit ,

i won"t make a special trip to go get one

i think some st christophers are reslly pretty,

hi every body, special hi lew, ALLEN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit