Would/Do you wear a Cross around your neck ??

by Prisca 66 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!! Electric chair necklace!!!

Good one, M*A*S*H*!!!

• still thinking
    still thinking

It's jewelry to me...but when you think about it...it's the only way christians can recognise each other. they don't wear orange or turbans or veils or any other identifying form of dress...LOL

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

They put those little fishies on their cars too... much to my discredit, whenever I see one on a car I kind of snear inwardly. Funny how if I see a car-fishy I immediately think 'grrr, it's a Christian', but if I see someone wearing a cross - I usually just assume it a fashion choice.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Haaaaah!! The first thing I think of when I see those "fish" - is that "fishead" video from the 'eighties'!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKDtUzRIG6I

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

OMG, ziddina you've put something in my brain that I never wanted there. I'm typing this message listening to 'fishhead fishhead blahde blahde fishhead'...

It's not right, you should be ashamed.

• still thinking
    still thinking

oh...is that what the fish stickers on cars are about?

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H
    oh...is that what the fish stickers on cars are about?

Yes, I believe they are all fans of the fishhead song. ;o)

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I should imagine it could be a bit heavy to carry around full stop.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I purposefully wore one in NYC b/c I wanted to signal to other Christians. It seems the least tacky way to do it.

I have icons and crosses in my home.

It felt so incredibly awkward in the beginning. Sometimes I felt like some sort of religious orphan. I would see someone else wearing a cross or crucifix. It saved time dating, too.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

About five years ago, after learning that the cross is an ancient symbol representing the sacred union of male and female, I started wearing them. My current favorite is one made out of hematite that I picked up in Saint Lucia....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit