Would/Do you wear a Cross around your neck ??

by Prisca 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Bella15
    Bella15

This is very much in line of Watchtower scripts ...

@ " You don't see people who had their kids murdered with a gun wearing gun lockets do you?

yet what comes to my mind it is what Jesus said: Eat bread which is my body, drink wine which is my blood ... pretty gruesome if you take it in the flesh (think of cannibalism and dracula maybe???) ...

What we have to remember is that no one took Jesus's life, he laid it down for us: John 10:17-18 "The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life--only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

With the cross Christians are reminded of that beautiful sacrifice (not the murder as Watchtower wants to put it) , for us the blood is not gruesome, for us His suffering is precious, I didn't deserve my Lord to suffer like that, yet he did it for me too, he could have summoned thousands of angels but then He Loves too much and was faithful till the end!

The cross is like a bunch of "forget-me-nots until I come back again" for Christians that love Jesus.

When I see a Cross it pierces my heart ... reminds me of his precious blood and all of the years I didn't give Jesus the honor, glory, the power, the worship He deserves (because of the Watchtower Corporation's lies and scripts).

Thanks Jesus for the beautiful exchange that took place in that cross - your precious life for mine! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Some things once seen cannot be unseen. The Fish Head song is one of these, lol. Been awhile...

When I see a fish symbol on a bumper sticker, I get hungry. I think Captain Highliner, lol.

Funny how some underground movements gain momentum and eventually become icons

• arwen
    arwen

I have been tempted many times since I DA'ed in 2005 to buy a cross but everytime i look at them something holds me back.. I guess I am just not ready yet. I go back and forth with my reasonings about it.

• misguided
    misguided

I used to wear 2 crosses around my neck. To me it meant I was double-crossed by religion, even though JWs don't believe in the cross. Now that I've been out of this cult long enough I've now decided to go down to 1. I'm favouring becoming a born-again...I mean I miss having that absolute of God and his will and a purpose in my life, yet on some level still believe in a higher power, but don't agree with everything they say.

The cross, to me, is just a symbol. To me it represents freedom. Freedom to be who I am. If I choose to wear a cross, it is my choice, representative of something, or not. I wear a cross with pride. (My JW family HATES it, but I don't care. It is my jewelry. I like it.)

• Bella15
    Bella15

@ misguided ... Jesus said ... UNLESS they are born again .... you MUST be born again (John 3)... pray, seek, ask, search and the answer will come ... don't believe what "they" say, believe what God will tell you in your heart in your personal study and meditation of the Bible. I pray that you will hear His still small voice during your personal time with Him and that you are born again in Spirit this time. For me this has been the BEST thing. To truly know that in the Spirit I am a new person, a creation being made into the image of Christ.

(Watchtower doesn't teach this because their whole busine$$ empire [publishing/real estate among others] would crumble ... they have the 2 class system to support their claim that they are the Board of Directors and Shareholdres, ops, I mean the "governing body" or FDS)

1Kings 19

11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord . And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord ; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: 12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. 13 And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Like most here I respect anyones decision to wear a cross. Some are beautifully designed and as a fashion statement I think they are cool.

As a mother whose 21 yr old son was in a motorcycle race, forced into a tree and killed, the idea of wearing a motorcycle around my neck is repugnant. But that's me. I suspect though, that Jesus mother did not wear a cross. To each his own.

BTW, I do wear a necklace that has silver initials with the 1st letters of both my childrens names.

• maksym
    maksym

@Bella15,

Great post #467 above,

You understand the meaning of the cross as I do. I could not have explained it better.

I wear a cross at all times just for the reasons you listed. It also gives a witness to Christ.

In Christ,

Maksym

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "OMG, ziddina, you've put something in my brain that I never wanted there. I'm typing this message listening to 'fishhead fishhead blahde blahde fishhead'...
    It's not right, you should be ashamed. ......" M*A*S*H*

Hee hee hee heeeee!!!!

Well, that's why I call myself the "She-Devil ", silly!!!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I would have to admit to being something of a stirrer when it comes to matters such as this one!

Yes, I would wear a cross around my neck , just to antagonize the Witnesses.

Bill.

• bsmart
    bsmart

I have a couple of crosses, wear it at most a few times a year. My husband got them for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit