My darn dog died

by LB 53 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

I've had this cowdog for nearly 11 years now. Today she went out in the sun and got heatstroke and just didn't recover. I gave her cpr and brought her back twice but she was too far gone. Isn't it something how you can grow so close to an animal. With the cattle we run we really do need another dog but I just can't bring myself to replace her. I get too close to the darn critters.

Yeah this isn't my normal smartass type post I guess. But Blue was as close to me as any creature can get. It seems trivial when you think about users like Heaven and others losing loved ones. But Blue was very special to me. We went everywhere together. In fact when I was trout fishing she would jump in the river and haul to fish up on shore for me. I never needed a net.

Oh well, sorry for posting such a downer. I guess its' good to type out your feelings some times.

I'll be back to my normal fluff in the morning I'm sure.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((((((((((((((LB))))))))))))))))))

I'm sorry for your loss. Figured you needed a hug.

j2bf

• beepers
    beepers

((((((LB))))))

I am so sorry to hear that. Losing a good friend is always a hard thing, no matter if it was human or animal.

Amy

• musky
    musky

LB, sorry to hear about your dog. musky

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

LB, I'm already feeling emotional today. It was set off by seeing this dog when I was out walking this morning. She/he is always there, shut up and lonely and sooooo happy that I stopped and talked to her/him. I just hate it that people get pets and don't look after them properly.

You gave your dog a wonderful life. That's the only solace we can take from their passing. I'm sure it's hurting like hell right now. I'm way too attached to my cat (pictured left). . I sure know just how you are feeling. I'm really happy that you loved your dog and gave her a good life.

Marilyn

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sorry to hear that, LB. Yah, it's funny how we get to love our animals. I have a cat i like quite a bit.

SS

• Southland
    Southland

So sorry to hear about your pet .... pets are really wonderful to have .... I hope you find it possible to get another pet and continue on the mutual love ....

• Nikita
    Nikita

((((((((((LB)))))))))

I am so sorry to hear this. When we said goodbye to our Jake a few years ago, we received a card from the Vet, with these words:

... Grieve not,
    nor speak of me with tears,
    but laugh and talk of me
    as if I were beside you...
    I loved you so --
    'twas Heaven here with you.

I made a webpage for Jake and I have these words from "The Dance" posted also:

"And now, I'm glad I didn't know the way it all would end the way it all would go...I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance." --Tony Arata from "The Dance"

I hope that you find comfort in your memories of your friend.

Peace,

Nikita

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

So sorry LB, I really feel sad for you. Being the owner of three dogs myself. I dread the day when its the time for my babies to have to go.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

That's sad LB...sorry to hear that

{{{{{LB}}}}}

Beck

ps..that was a nice poem Nikita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit