Anti-Evolutionists Wanted !!!!

by Francois 163 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

QUANTUM, If I wanted to learn something about chemistry, physics, astronomy, geology, biology, medicine, anatomy, or achaeology, I would go to a text book on these subjects. I certainly wouldn't go to the Bible to learn about them.

• Francois
    Francois

G'day GD and all:

Thanks for hanging around. I think the question I left hanging was "at what point in evolution does God decide that the Man Creature is worthy of an afterlife?"

I really want to take a stab at that.

Here's the way I envision it. And keep in mind that by my lights God does not personally engage in these transactions, but agents of deity do so. I mean if the universe teems with life as I expect, then there must be lots of things to do, adventures to make, things to see and do (unless you think all ascenders do is "float around heaven all day.") Too bad you can't measure any of this stuff, ain't it?

So a smart molecule is released in the shallow seas of this newly formed planet and allowed to, dare I say, evolve. many intermediate and useless life forms eventuate on the way to the final goal, producing an animal-origin being with a brain of sufficient complexity to produce electrical activity of a type that will support a loaner variety of a segmentation of cosmic mind. Like a hologram, the cosmic mind is the reference wave, the human electrical field - generated by the complexity of mind - is the interference. (There is a chance, a small one, that this might be confirmable and repeatable by TAA DAAaaa - measurement. Won't that make some of the smug scientific atheistic types who haunt this place sooooo happy? Come to think of it, they prollly won't like it one bit if this turns out to be measureable. Undermine the basis for their smug, won't it? And their phony superiority, to boot.)

So. Now we have a mind of sufficient complexity evolved from the smart molecule. And now it is endowed with an individual segmentation of cosmic mind. And it has FREE WILL. It can decide whether or not to seek God and to do His will. At first, these attempts are crude. Worship of all that is mysterious, or dangerous, or anything the emerging homo sapiens doesn't understand. Which is pretty much everything. Lightening, volcanoes, eclipses of sun and moon, orgasm, comets, you name it. Then there are polytheistic religions as man becomes more sophisticated and more learned. And polytheism is monotheism in the making. And all forms of worship are acceptable to the great Absolute Reality. He knows we are partial, incomplete, mistaken. He knows we are dust. But we are also made in his image = we are indwelt by a spark of divinity, and we are using a segment of cosmic mind (the brain is not the mind or the spirit, right, it's just an organ) AND we have the gift of personality, that thing that makes you you - instead of me, for instance. And that personality has this freedom to choose.

Now, think about it. What is the only gift that human could possibly give to this Absolute Reality? To me, the only gift that man can give to this Absolute is the free will choice to do the will of that same absolute that made such a choice possible in the first place. And there are plenty of options. We could use our minds, if we have the capacity, to lord it over others who haven't taken the time or haven't had the opportunity to hone it to a fine edge...worship of one's own intellectuality, becoming self-indulgent, and self-absorbed - but underneath the outer public preening afraid to engage in a real intellectual clash.

The next level of being after this I conceive that we are more spiritual and less physical, we are getting rid of the physical characteristics of our evolutionary animal origin...we are getting rid of the last mark and trace of the beast. Simple huh? Where have I heard that before?

Now, I can't PROVE any of this with rigorous math, or with anything else. It's just an informed idea, a super-intutional leap. You know, leap. Like how in the Manhattan Project, the method of how to compact the fissionable material into critical mass came as an intuitional leap while someone was on vacation from all the stress of the lab and was peeling an orange. Bingo! he had it. Of course, the Klystron switch had to be invented to make it work, but HEY! what's a little timing switch when the free world is hanging in the balance?

Don't tell me that intuitive leaps don't result in valid constructs.

Interesting, ain't it? And there's more. Lots more. But my fingers are tired. However I think I've answered your question. Haven't I? And I'll have something to say about the raw faith of the scientist in subsequent posts, too. Right now, I gotta go work on my web site. Ta.

Standing By,
    Francois

P.S. - I haven't edited this post. Don't have the time. I've been engaged in a long conversation via IM that I'm helpless to resist

Edited by - Francois on 8 July 2002 9:9:41

Edited by - Francois on 8 July 2002 11:29:47

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Frank,

I'm a firm believer in Intuition, hey I think intuition is, the much more intelligent subconscious mind proding the conscious with brief flashes of thoughts that lead the conscious to conclusions that haven't been thought through on the conscious level, but figured out on the subconcious level.

I've often woundered if the energy/matter of the universe is using organized Chaos(new chaos theory) to give itself consciousness to experience life at many different levels?(plants, virsus, and higher forms that include man.(just my intuition). And is there a Cosmic consciousness that we all will be joined to in the end?

From what Einstien says about space time, if we had no matter/energy we would have no time and no space. Were these things invented by a vastly superior intelligents? I thinks so, but it is only my intuition or current feeling which may or may not be right.

Quantum theory I think opens up to man just how uncertain our knowledge is, more we explore and learn about the sub atomic the more we see the lack of certainty of what is behind existance of matter and energy,.

Will we ever get to the bottom line and understand REALITY? Super String theory seems to presently show some promise at least that's what I've herd and read. But even these theories still leave the understanding of Reality not clear but grainy and more questions that need answers.

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

larc:

So good to hear from you. francios is on some fanatical rampage. A bizarrerie, or illusionary board game he's adapted to this forum. Your entrance into the game is probably going to be no more fullfilling or enlightening than what has thus far preceeded. francios, as well as most others, is ignoring the uplifting and edifying contribution I have made to this otherwise bleak and confused puzzlement which only schizophrenics and the delusional seem to comprehend.

I have centered my remarks around accurate definable parameters, while everyone else is caught up in a childs game of who can come up with the most radical mockery and impersonation of accepted and attested formulae.

QUANTUM THE INCOMPARABLE!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Quantum

Did you forget to take your pill today?

SS

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

SS

Another counterfeit "X" enters the land of the non compus mentus with francios leading the way.

One of the x purveyors of deception and now a bewildered cosmonaut of extreme ideas I presume....... eh ss?

QUANTUM: EMINENT BEYOND COMPARISON!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Quantum

I don't follow anyone. It's interesting that i came to somewhat similar conclusions as francois, all on my own, don'tcha think?

SS

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

ss

MAKE A CONTRIBUTION OR GET SQUISHED!

Q!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Q

You just gotta take that pill. You'll be ok, after.

I'm about finished w you, now.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 8 July 2002 14:19:7

• Francois
    Francois

G'day Bro Wiltshire and SS

Remember that not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, but it's stranger than we CAN imagine? When we get into the world of quarks, quanta and such - where things only have a tendency to be what we would call real - intuition is as good a measure as you can get. And your guess is as good as mine. Who ever it was that uttered that quote above certainly knew what he was talking about. Sounds a lot like Feynman, doesn't it?

I can't wait to see what this evening will bring, when the bits and bytes start flowing. The long holiday weekend was very fruitful and I really hate to see the fever die down. Maybe it will flare again. But from back here on page 8 who knows?

F

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit