Anti-Evolutionists Wanted !!!!

by Francois 163 Replies latest jw friends

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Francois

How 'bout that question concerning evolution being a technique of Deity? You for it or agin it?

If there is a Deity, then yes, he had to use evolution. Otherwise he or his counterpart "Satan", altered reality to make it appear that evolution has occured. I don't see the point of God altering reality, much less Satan. If Satan is responsible, than he would be more powerful than God. It just doesn't work.

The only other nagging point is one I brought up earlier, that is; at what point in evolution does God decide that the Man Creature is worthy of an afterlife?

pseudoxristos

• Francois
    Francois

Come on, GD, don't leave us. Your elan is an organic part of our little discussion and we need you here. Think about it at least overnight will you?

Pseudoxristos - I want to answer your question. Tomorrow. I'm exhausted. Time for horizontal. I have too much respect for your question than to answer it in my current condition, so I'm gonna go to sleep and be back here tomorrow.

Thanks to all for another fun day & goodnight,

Francois

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Francois,

Good night. Looking foward to that answer.

pseudoxristos

Hey, just thought of something.

What do you call a Deist that believes in evolution?

Answer: "A Delusionist"

Just a joke, don't anyone take it serious.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HEY, I AM WAY IN OVER MY HEAD HERE FOLKS, BUT HERE GOES.

I question the validity of some of the scriptural supports used to promote creation. However some of the things I have read about quantum mechanics and the attraction between proton and neutrons and the forming of atoms, leads me to believe there is an intelligent organized force in creation and not the chaos that is usually explained in evoloution.

That having been said does this mean there is a GOD? "notice the caps there?" I think so. but is this god anything like the bible describes? Does he have a personal interest in us as individuals? I certainly would like to think so. But I am not sure. I can certainly see evidence of adaptation in the different species on earth. But I don't consider that to be the kind of evoloution that would result in all the specific necessary atributes that life needs to survive.

If I say much more I will probably say something stupid and get CRITICISED so that's it.

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

francios:

I wish I could have got this to you before you left> but here it is anyway.

It is clear to me you haven't lost the old JW technique of defining all of the criteria and parameters that everyone else is to measure up against. No other argument can be made or entertained, based on your preconceived set of rules, which will NOT be ridiculed and made to sound foolish by a distinctly out of step understanding of things no one else can grasp or would ever want to. [ typical of the doctrines of the WTS]

This is the left over kind of brain washed mentality that you and many ex JW's are fraught with. I deal with this sort of narrowmindedness on a daily basis and am here on these boards to specifically keep reminding you and others of this mental and character flaw. Many of you have keen minds with possibilities of making real contributions to others.But if you can't or won't wake up from this deep hypnotic state, I see little hope for you.

QUANTUM!!!!

Edited by - QUANTUM on 7 July 2002 22:34:35

• gravedancer
    gravedancer
    Come on, GD, don't leave us. Your elan is an organic part of our little discussion and we need you here. Think about it at least overnight will you?

Frank,

I am more than happy to stay...if it comes down to a debate over a book which I do not believe has authority then for the best of everyone it is better that I have no part as it is meaningless to me. I have enjoyed the discussion up to now, do not want to be seen as one throwing tantrums but its just honesty....quoting Genesis or other Bible accounts or the Koran or other Holy works leave me cold....

Let's just say I am at fault in that regard - I do not enjoy the flame wars or name calling. If we progress to that (which it looked like we were going to get into) then I will consider ducking out. If we want to look at how evolution fits in with scripture....then thats OK....but one cannot disprove evolution with scripture any more than one can fix ones car by riding next to in on a stationery bicycle.

l8r
    GD

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I know how you feel gravedancer thus my Lord of the Rings analogy earlier. The difference being J.R.R Tolken is a better writer than Paul. I know when someone starts quoting Bible verses to me I just blank over. The Koran is just as much a waste of time to me as the Bible. I too hope you stick around for this topic.

gsx1138

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

Only Honest People Should Read This post!

This thread has combined some good, bad and some "UGLY" points which have little bearing on what I have come to conclude are the genuine issues brought up here about the reality of GOD and what he does for a living and how he does it. I did not determine this by asking the question, but most of you have, whether you want to admit it or not.

For most of you, this is your interminable question which you have always been asking but have not been able to find the answer to. For some, your search is leading further and further away from many of the truths found in the Bible, to reckless, free wielding sometimes bizzar ideas, which carry you in the opposite direction from where the truth can be found.

If I say the Bible is where the answer to your search lies, this becomes a tiresome and intolerable sermonizing for most, since you've all been there before. But I have also heard the tedious, monotonous, prosaic treadmill and the irreligious quakery of which many of you project.

Many of you seem to think that any irresponsble unsubstantiated thought that enters the vacuum of your minds has the same validity as true scholarship and tested theories. That all of the "ologies" are of no worth to you because you have the right to determine in your own uneducated brain all the facts of life for yourself, disregarding the fact that most of the things you are now so proudly exclaiming have been thought of long before you, and have been as well, disgarded.

If the uninformed want to ignore the historicity and the evidentiary nature of what brilliant men and women have discovered by actually getting off their butts and making genuine meaningful contributions to this world....... then my pleading to what ever is left of one's innocent search for truth is pointlessly talking to the spiritually dead.

The separate issues being discussed in this thread have each important contributions to make for our understanding of our world and the GOD who made it. I often write inflamatory remarks that ruffle a few feathers and will probably continue to do so. I can also expect to get some thrown back in my face. When I detect what I feel is deception and someone is trying to run away with the marbles, I will generally try to expose them.

Evolution is no more an exact science then religion definitively answers the question about the reality of GOD. But each offers certain evidences. The athiest has absolutely no leg to stand on because no one can prove a negative. If an athiest says there is no GOD how do you go about prooving it. Can you go to the eternal reaches of time and space to try and find HIM? Obviously not. on the other hand there are numerous evidences for the existence of GOD as well as the possibilities for evolution. The side we take has more to do with influence than our personal, independent discovery.

The evolutionists have a leg up on most religions because It has been a "POPULAR" theory for over a hundred years and it is "COMPLICATED"....and we all know that man loves a "comlicated mystery". The Greeks loved their philosophies because they not only became complicated but it became fun to explore any off the wall fantasy the mind of man could ponder. The theory of evolution, however, is not without huge gaping holes. These holes are what most religionists usually attack as their DEFENSE for creationism. What they usually promote as the validity for the biblical account of the creation is faith. So their answer against evolution and for creation is an attack on the holes of evolution and the, so called, unrealistic proof of faith.

Now we have another underpinning for the evolution idea. For those who want to have their cake and eat it to, lets just combine the two. This way we can get along with the scientific community, we no longer have to shy away from the discussion and ...FAITH?...well we never had much anyway so what does it matter. Here to, this is hardly a"NEW" pandor's box.

The sad part of all of this is the Bible doesn't loose, just those who cave in to the pressure.

FAITH and how it is found and applied is what's really at issue. Most people when they think or refer to FAITH are, without realizing it, talking about "blind" faith. The kind of FAITH referred to by Christ and the Apostles was FAITH received by the witness of the HOLY SPIRIT. And here I'm not talking about the FORMLESS gobblee goop the JW's think is "Holy Spirit", but HE is a member of the GODHEAD who's mission it is to be a WITNESS and TESTIFIER of all truth. Once a person is able to excersize enough humility and FAITH this witness will reveal the truth of all things unto him..VERY FEW PEOPLE HAVE HAD OR EVER WILL RECEIVE THIS GIFT. THEY JUST DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES.

So the bottom line is that few of you will ever be able to enjoy this kind of faith and will merely go down the same lost road you're now on. Eventually to learn the truth, but for most, it will be too late. Not to worry though. It seems in spite of yourselves GOD is still going to give you more than you ever expected, you just won't get what you might have had if you followed the rules.

Now for those who have become tired of playing our little game in this thread because you have lost interest in biblical based religion and would rather have discussions with people who share your own kind of paltry paranoia, you can stick around and have a remote chance of learning something or you can turn it off and continue suffering from ignorance and stupidity.

QUANTUM THE GREAT!!!!!

• D8TA
    D8TA

Is Quantum failing in seeing their own hypocrisy when making accusations at X-JW's as to "keeping watchtower ways"....but types out posts as if it was the WTBTS on crack doing so?

They both share the same rhetoric and ideas; blah blah we need to free you, blah blah blah I'm the only one that can help save you, blah de blah you are going to all perish...blah de blah blah and blah.

So, for those who wonder what it would be like if the WTBTS had took some real bad crack.....just read Quantum's posts and you get the idea.

D8TA

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

D8TA:

did i say something to upset you clever boy?

Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit