Nitpicking the JW Brotherhood

by IslandWoman 79 Replies latest jw friends

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

The JW brotherhood is composed of people. You know people right? People are the ones we work with, the ones we live next to, the ones we share this planet with. You know, the ones who sometimes give mankind a reason for pride and other times make us feel ashamed of being human.

Why should the JW people themselves be ridiculed here? Why should the JW people who have no control over the GB or over the Watchtower be so put down here?

Enough bigotry.

IW

• moman
    moman

Thats the same thing they said about the followers of: Jim Jones, David Koresh, Mormans, Moonies, etc., etc..

Its the same SCAM, just different PLAYERS!

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Moman,

To live in a closed world is to not live at all. Open up!

IW

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Remember the scripture "Get out of her my people, if you don't want to share in her sins" ?
    How is it that the organization can use that scripture to condemn all of Christendom, and ALL of the individual members of Christendom?

You may recognize what is wrong in the Organization, but if you continue to follow them, you are as guilty as they are, by the very same standards by which they measure others. What kind words does the organization have for the Catholic Church, or any of its members? Do you expect xjws to measure you by a lesser standard than the one by which you judge others? What kind words does the organization have for xjws? The imperfection excuse won't work here. Are you willing to apply the same standard to Christendom? They are imperfect people too. Are you willing to let them off the hook too, because they are imperfect?

You may be a wonderful person, and it is not my intent to pick on you or hurt your feelings. But defending the indefensible won't cut it here.

cb

• metatron
    metatron

you said 'at other times make us ashamed to be human'

Yep, that's how I feel about the organization. The only thing holding me back

from feeling completely negative about these stupid people is the realization

that I was a dumb ass too and believed all this crap just like they did.

It really isn't much of a brotherhood either, loyalty among most Witnesses

I know is superficial. Underneath, they often feel a sick joy at other Winesses'

failures and jealousy over their successes. I wouldn't trust most Witnesses

(especially elders) with my wallet, my wife or my child - and that harsh

opinion is based on nearly half a century of observation.

metatron

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hello Coffee_black,

But defending the indefensible won't cut it here.

I am not defending the Governing Body or the brothers at Bethel who kiss their ass, I am not defending the COs or DOs who know better, I am not defending the elders who know better.

I AM DEFENDING THOSE BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHEREVER AND WHOEVER THEY MAY BE WHO LOVE THEIR FELLOW MAN AND BELIEVE THEIR RELIGION HAS GOD'S BLESSING.

IW

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

I am a JW and a long-time absent member of this forum. I think it's more important for one to consider themself a spiritual person, rather than identify what religion they are. I appear to find myself on a spiritual quest and saw a book in the bookstore I am going to buy about conducting spiritual warfare. I perused it the other day, and found it fascinating. I appreciate IslandWoman's remarks but I have had realizations of my own, that don't necessarily agree with the society's view of things (which I wonder still makes me a part of the brotherhood) such as:

What Armageddon is, and what or who if anything is going to be "destroyed"

That the society says we should show humility and not brag, but it brags all the time

That along with all the other religions of the world, its leadership is run by imperfect humans who make mistakes

That what was prophesied by the prophets in the Hebrew scriptures for the nation of Israel (when they experienced calamity), especially in the minor prophetic books, can not necessarily be applied to our time

When I think of more, I'll post them.

• D8TA
    D8TA

Island Woman,

As a person who was once apart of the collective of JW's, and still suffer the ridicule and bigotry that comes forth from the members of the WTBTS....I think it's none of your damn business as how I treat these fools. You want to go out and be touchy-touchy-feely-feely-let's-love-everyone who is a JW....good for you :: golf clap ::.

Another thing...pretty much, a lot of people have lived in a "close world" and have/did "open up". . .for a lot of them wouldn't be here, nor hold the title of X-JW.

I can be an asshole to JW's if I choose to be, and I believe I have a good reason in doing so. I'm not going to waste my time writing my reasons...you go back and read my posts that I have made, and take the liberty to investigate as to the "why" I do treat JW's like fools. Just as the soldiers of the 3rd Reich took accountability for the atrocities of their masters,as do the soldiers of the WTBTS take accountability for the atrocities of their masters ( and for you Bleep/Wholewheat types...you can scream Jehovah is your master all you want, nice to know "you" see it that way...I dont have too).

D8TA

• wholewheat
    wholewheat

I agree with Island Woman. If you think about it, what makes up Jehovah's witnesses is the people, not the Governing Body. The Governing Body has made some bad calls, but it is very sad to see the brothers and sisters attacked and even hated because of the mistakes of a few men. I believe that the organization is on the defensive right now to save face, especially to protect the Governing Body. But the Governing Body are very elderly and I feel that in time with their passing on, the Society is going to 'loosen it's grip' over the brothers and sisters. The ex-JWs need to remember the good that worshipping Jehovah has brought to millions of brothers and sisters. I think that when all you do is harp on the bad, the good is completely forgotten. It's the brothers and sisters who love Jehovah and choose to live by His principals that reflect what this brotherhood is all about, not outdated theology and the imperfections of a few men.

• bay64me
    bay64me

JWs are not even a "brotherhood". Like you say they are people and the only thing that unites them is the crap that gets printed and distributed among them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit