The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

by comforter 62 Replies latest jw friends

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I always found it amazingly effective to control people by telling them that anything that doesn't originate from the Bible are evil and lies. What better way can you think of to force/scare people into staying in your belief system. As for the wisest person on the earth? I'm going to go with Confusious (sp) on this one. I have yet to read any of his work that involved the murder of Billions of people because his God refused to go to anger management classes.

gsx1138

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

There have been many sages who walked the face of the earth. The wisest man who ever lived, however, is Jesus Christ....spoke in aphorisms and used apothegms,

so did forrest gump.

"stupid is as stupid does" - forrest gump

• willy_think
    willy_think

If Jesus was the wisest man:

Why did he form a church that was to fell under satins rule in well under 400 years?

Why did he allow this "satins church" to compile and declare inspired the Christian book?

Why did he let so many years slip past without a his visible org. On earth?

Why did he wait 1914 years only to return invisibly to, I don't know who, telling them, I don't know what except, you guys are the only ones doing it right?

Why did he tell the WT they were right then make them change everything?

Why didn't the WT publish a complete eye witness account of the return?

Why did john tell us to make strait the way of the lord, when the lord himself forces his only channel to man to bounce back and forth like a ship fighting against the wind of truth?

Why would Christ's wisdom, as taught by the spirit directed WT, shift like quicksand under our feet?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    He not only spoke in aphorisms and used apothegms, but he applied the knowledge he was blessed with in an intelligent way. Jesus taught men how to love and live

What did Jesus ever say or do that was so wise? That "consider the lily" stuff was hardly mind-blowing - or useful - and the "golden rule" was plagiarised from Confucius and others.

Edited by - funkyderek on 14 June 2002 13:39:39

• Faraon
    Faraon

Comforter,

JESUS DIED OF OLD AGE!

Most remarkable of the "heresies" attacked and refuted by Bishop Irenaeus, is one which had just gained currency in written form in the newly published "Gospels of Jesus Christ," in the form of the "tradition" that Jesus had been crucified to death early in the thirties of his life, after a preaching career of only about one year, according to three of the new Gospels, of about three years, according to the fourth. This is rankly false and

fictitious, on the "tradition" of the real gospel and of all the Apostles, avows Bishop Irenaeus, like Bishop Papias earlier in the century; and he boldly combated it as "heresy." It is not true, he asserts, that Jesus Christ died so early in life and after so brief a career. "How is it possible," be demands, "that the Lord preached for one year only?"; and on the quoted authority of John the

Apostle himself, of "the true Gospel," and of "all the elders," the saintly Bishop urges the falsity and "heresy" of the Four Gospels on this crucial point. Textually, and with quite fanciful reasonments, he says that Jesus did not die so soon:

"For he came to save all through means of Himself -- all, I say, who through Him are born again to God -- infants, and children, and boys, and youths, and old men. He therefore passed through every age, becoming an infant for infants, thus sanctifying infants; a child for children, thus sanctifying those who are of this age; a youth for youths, and thus sanctifying them for the Lord. So likewise He was an old man for old men, that He might be a perfect Master for all, not as respects the setting forth of the truth, but also as age, sanctifying at the same time the aged also, and becoming an example to them likewise. Then, at last, He came on to death itself, that He might be 'the first-born from the dead.'

"They, however, that they may establish their false opinion regarding that which is written, 'to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,' maintain that he preached for one year only, and then suffered in the twelfth month. [In speaking thus], they are forgetful to their own disadvantage, destroying His work and robbing Him of that age which is both more necessary and more honorable than any other; that more advanced age, I mean, during which also, as a teacher, He excelled all others. ...

"Now, that the first stage of early life embraces thirty years, and that this extends onward to the fortieth year, every one will admit; but from the fortieth and fiftieth year a man begins to decline towards old age, which our Lord possessed while He still fulfilled the office of a Teacher, even as the Gospel and all the elders testify; those conversant in Asia with John, the disciple of the Lord, affirming) that John conveyed to them that information. AND HE REMAINED AMONG THEM UP TO THE TIMES OF TRAJAN [Roman Emperor, A.D. 98-117]. Some of them, moreover, saw not only John, but the other Apostles also, and heard the very same account from them, and bear testimony as to [the validity of] the statement. Whom then should we rather believe?"

(Iren.Adv. Haer. Bk. II, ch. xxii, secs. 3, 4, 5; ANF. I, 891-2.)

http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/joseph_wheless/forgery_in_christianity/chapter_4.html

Edited by - faraon on 14 June 2002 21:10:16

Edited by - faraon on 14 June 2002 21:20:31

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Are we still talking about that dead jewish guy?

• Celia
    Celia

Comforter says :

Folks like you are one reason Comforter thinks he is wasting his time on this board

A week or two ago, we had someone (forgot the name) who spoke of himself in the third person singular... He's been deactivated... Is that him resurrected ?

Edited by - Celia on 16 June 2002 7:34:40

• SYN
    SYN

This has GOT to be the funniest thing I've ever heard a troll certian person say!

You are a dunce not worthy of my grand exalted intelligence.

I bow down to you, oh Dub master! Please don't smite my ass, for it is pale!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Comforter,

Not realizing you were an apologist for the Unholy Governing Body I defended you. I still defend your statement about Jesus being wise, but the Society carries the message of Satan not Christ.

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Wow, this really means a lot to me coming from a moron like you. In all reality though, stop talking about how great I am and how I'm going to destroy everyone who doesn't fit into your tiny versions of me is and go out and enjoy all the wonderful gifts (nature, sex among consenting adults, alcohol, art, music) that dad and I made for you. Really, your words and everything are kind and while we do appreciate it its nothing compared to what we have up here so if you really want to honor us go enjoy all the great things we have given you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit