The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

by comforter 62 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

This is really a no brainer. The Bible does not say that Solomon was the wisest man without qualification. He was the wisest man of his time. Jesus was obviously wiser than Solomon since he was greater than Solomon and separated from sinners. Use you head!

Comforter

• Farkel
    Farkel

: The wisest man who ever lived, however, is Jesus Christ.

He wasn't smart enough to keep himself from being killed.

Farkel

• comforter
    comforter

???Comforter: Maybe you keep your marriage bed undefile, but there's plenty of the Elders who don't and let's talk about all those pedophiles, shall we????

What do the pedophiles have to do with the wisdom of Jesus? What do you want me to say? There are some jw elders who have commited pedophilia and protected pedophiles? There I said it.

???besides, if Jesus was so brilliant, then why did hang out with "wrong crowd" isn't that like "bad associations spoil useful habits" as prescribed by Apostle Paul to Timothy????

People often make this mistake when they read about Jesus's life. He did not hang out with sinners. Jesus just preached and tried to spiritually assist sinners. He did not carouse with them or hobknob with bad associates.

Comforter

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Jws and the gb know how to love and live.

Knowing how and actually doing it are entirely different things. Where was the love for Erica Garza when her attacker was sentenced? Where is it today when many JWs have labeled her a slut?

Where was it when I begged for support and for a friend from the JWs with my unruly and emotionally disturbed step-children? The love I was shown consisted of two elders showing up at my door and verbally attacking me until I blew up and forcibly removed them from my home. Then, two weeks later, I receive a certified letter informing me of a Judicial Hearing being held in my honor for being "prone to wrath." (as the scriptures cited indicated)

Where is the love for Bill Bowen, Barbara Anderson and the Pandelos for striving to make the Kingdom Halls a safer environment for children? Just ask any one of the hundreds of regular posters here how much love they feel from the dubs. Or ask how much they felt before leaving.

How is it love when families are ripped apart because one simply no longer wishes to be a JW?

What love is there watching a small child die due to lack of blood when a simple transfusion could add a lifetime to them?

You claim the "preaching work" is love? By dragging people into the borg and brainwashing them, convincing them that they don't need Jesus without the Watchtower, prying into every private aspect of their lives and convincing them that to be disfellowshipped from the borg for whatever infraction some power hungry elder can dream up is love?

No my friend, the JWs are taught hate disguised as love.

• comforter
    comforter

???He wasn't smart enough to keep himself from being killed.???

To the contrary, he was smart enough to submit to a death that glorifed God and provided liberation for the human race. If Jesus was not smart enough to die, we would all be lost. Byn his stripes we were healed.

Comforter

• comforter
    comforter

Sometimes submitting to death is better than perpetuating one's own transitory existence.

Comforter

"We are condemned to be free."

Sartre

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No brainer is right!It`s not what the bible says.You must figure your wiser than gods word.Your going to be destroyed at armagedon.You and the rest of your apostate followers...OUTLAW

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

comforter:

Jws and the gb know how to love and live.

If they know that, why don't they use that knowledge it in real life then?

We are participating in the most important work that has ever been done on earth, the preaching and teaching work.

most important work ever done? you know... it's people like you who makes me wonder if I ever want to become a witness...

Jws also know how to enjoy God's creation.

No you don't. You don't have sex.

We rejoice with our mates as we keep the marriage bed clean and undefiled.

Posting this crap has just defiled your marriage bed.

Jws like a nice glass of wine or a cold beer once and again.

And the point is? JW:s are never drunk? wrong, I've seen it.

Jws also rejoice as they till their gardens and mow their lawns with sunny countenances.

And people in the "world" don't?

We know how to live and love.

Good, I hope you do that then.

• comforter
    comforter

???No brainer is right!It`s not what the bible says.You must figure your wiser than gods word.Your going to be destroyed at armagedon.You and the rest of your apostate followers???

When one cannot prove his pointsm he resorts to ad hominem. I understand. You are wrong, know you are wrong, you are exposed in front of all your friends and now want to find the nearest corner to slink in. Comforter understands and will not put more on you than what ya can bear. Just kindly admit that you are wrong. Jesus was the wisest man who ever lived.

Dakota:

Jws love one another and other people. But they are not perfect. Plus you are only hearing one side of the pedophile story. I have even heard that Erica's story is not consistent if you compare Dateline transcripts with court transcripts of Erica's testimony.

Comforter

• comforter
    comforter

???Jws also know how to enjoy God's creation.

No you don't. You don't have sex.???

We do have sex within the confines of marriage. Good jws do nmot have sex outside of marriage, do not commit pedophilia or have homosexual sex.

What you talking about?

And the preaching work is most important because it leads to eternal life for those who listen to the message. No other work produces eternal life.

Comforter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit