The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

by comforter 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

False comforter said,

I have even heard that Erica's story is not consistent
    Talk about blaming the victim! You would have been at Job's side telling him he was to blame for his world collapsing all around him! Go away you Bildad, you false comforter!

If you want credibility, leave Erica and her story alone.

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

We do have sex within the confines of marriage. Good jws do nmot have sex outside of marriage, do not commit pedophilia or have homosexual sex.

I asked an elder here questions about sex, and he said oral sex was something that a mature christian would not practice. It was originally practiced only by homosexuals.

Is he lying to me?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Admit Jesus was the wisest man that ever lived. Sorry I can`t.Just like you,I never met the guy.So I depend on the bible to give me the straight goods on this deal.For someone who likes to tell bible stories,you don`t seem to like the bible much...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 14 June 2002 2:44:10

• comforter
    comforter

Some of you people are something else. I did not bring up Erica's story but Dakota did. You expect me to remain silent when someone tries to besmirch the name of my organization and my God with falsehoods. Is critical thinking and open mindedness only applicable when there jws are involved but null and void when a victim is involved? I feel sorry for Erica. But her story might not be consistent. You do the homework and see what you find. But do not try to stifle my freeness of speech.

???I asked an elder here questions about sex, and he said oral sex was something that a mature christian would not practice. It was originally practiced only by homosexuals.

Is he lying to me????

I don't know how oral sex originated. Some say that the apostate angels practiced oral sex. Others say that Sodom and Gomorrah originated it. But just because mature Christians do not have oral sex does not mean that they refuse to have regular sex. Duh!

Comforter the true

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Jws love one another and other people.

Obviously, you failed to actually read what I wrote. Shunning is not loving, especially when many things not mentioned in the Bible are added to it.

But they are not perfect.

Odd, many I know seem to think they are. They definitely believe that only they will be saved and reach perfection.

Plus you are only hearing one side of the pedophile story. I have even heard that Erica's story is not consistent if you compare Dateline transcripts with court transcripts of Erica's testimony.

Instead of resorting to the ad hominum attacks you just complained about, why not actually produce these alleged inconsistencies instead of engaging in typical JW idle gossip. The girl was raped, by an elder, for many years. She was threatened if she ever disclosed it and when the slime ball that raped her was convicted, for the second time, who received the "LOVING" support of the congregation? Not Erica!

For your iformation, Dateline is edited, court transcripts are not! But, an impartial jury of 12 of manuel Beliz's peers apparently didn't think there were "inconsistencies" in her testimony.

But, thank you for showing the typical JW mindset. You just proved my point. Instead of showing compassion for a rape victim, you attack her with idle gossip. Now all know why many are no longer JWs and fled that unloving arrangement set up by unscrupolous old men.

Edited to correct the posting of an improper name while suffering a Senior Moment.

Edited by - DakotaRed on 14 June 2002 4:15:25

• comforter
    comforter

Dakota

Folks like you are one reason Comforter thinks he is wasting his time on this board. Your mind is totally closed to anything positive about jw.

???Odd, many I know seem to think they are. They definitely believe that only they will be saved and reach perfection.???

Now which is it? Do jws think they are now perfec or that they will eventually reach perfection?

???Instead of resorting to the ad hominum attacks you just complained about, why not actually produce these alleged inconsistencies instead of engaging in typical JW idle gossip. The girl was raped, by an elder, for many years. She was threatened if she ever disclosed it and when the slime ball that raped her was convicted, for the second time, who received the "LOVING" support of the congregation? Not Erica!???

The inconsistencies are there for all to see. Consult the court transscripts and compare them with Erica's Dateline interview. You will see that she is not consistent in telling her story. Maybe she did not receive loving support. But you cannot generalize from a few cases to the conclusion that jws as a whole are not loving.

???For your iformation, Dateline is edited, court transcripts are not! But, an impartial jury of 12 of Mandelas peers apparently didn't think there were "inconsistencies" in her testimony.???

The inconsistences are between her court testimony and the Dateline testimony. In the court testimony she said that the elders did give her support at first. On Dateline, she said she got no support at all. Both testimonies cannot be true.

???But, thank you for showing the typical JW mindset. You just proved my point. Instead of showing compassion for a rape victim, you attack her with idle gossip. Now all know why many are no longer JWs and fled that unloving arrangement set up by unscrupolous old men.???

I do feel compassion for Erica. I also hate to see people using her for their onw ends like people in this place and Bill Bowen. What I have said is not idle gossip. Read the court transcripts, if you want to know the truth, and compare them with the Dateline show.

For truth, no matter how painful it may be.

Comforter

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

And the preaching work is most important because it leads to eternal life for those who listen to the message. No other work produces eternal life.

Instead of reading the Watchtower so much, why not try to read the Bible?

RSV John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent.

RSV 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

RSV John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.

I don't know about you, but I don't see the Watchtower listed there at all. Preaching JW swill doesn't lead to eternal life.
  • DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    You expect me to remain silent when someone tries to besmirch the name of my organization and my God with falsehoods.

The only one to besmirch "your organization" is your organization! No one has besmirched God at all. One day you will have to realize that the Watchtower is not God, they don't even come close!

And yes, I mentioned the lack of love Erica was shown by the JWs. My point was the lack of love. You, though, engaged in idle gossip about the vicitim. The lack of love shown Erica is well documented. You prefaced your rudeness towards her with "I have even heard." Idle gossip, my friend. MAybe you should read up about gossip in your Watchtowers!

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Folks like you are one reason Comforter thinks he is wasting his time on this board. Your mind is totally closed to anything positive about jw.

I have many positive thoughts about JWs.

I am positive they are not led by God.

I am positive they are brainwashed

I am positive they wreck families.

I am positive they are a cult.

I am positive they lack the love mentioned by Jesus at John 13:34 & 35.

I am positive they are hypocrits.

I am positive they display an arrogance condemned by Jesus.

Feel free to add to the list, it is obviously endless.

• comforter
    comforter

Speaking of hypocrisy

Dakota preaches about gossip and the love of Jesus, blah blah blah, but in one post he joked about getting oral sex from a certain woman named Hilda. You hypocrite. You first need to get your act together before you counsel others. What if that woman was someone's wife? How do you think her husband would feel to see you talk such filthy nonsense to her? How Christian of you, Dakota.

Comforter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit