WHY THE PRESENT CRISIS IS UNIQUE

by You Know 104 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I have no faith in any man. I have no trust for my government or any government. That's what you assume.

This is not about God and his glory, but the faults of men in Brooklyn. They are the mouthpeice of God one minute, and imperfect men the next. There's no balance.

The world is a screwed up place that is going to have many catastrophies happen to it. It will happen. But, unlike you, I am not overjoyed at the thought of collapse of governments and the financial system.

The books of Revelation talk of the horrors of Armageddon. Yet, all the Watchtower depicts that it's just those rotten bankers, or governmental leaders which are to blame. What about the billions of people living under tyranny with no choice to do what they will? What about real families, real loves, real children? If God remembers a sparow, then 6,000,000 humans have less to fear than they.

The standard answer of "God will take care of them those who are in strange circumstances' smacks of desperation to answer the question. All this mystery, rhetoric, and bloodshed-all to have God say that he is the big man on campus.

Why not destroy Satan? Why not? Sounds logical. I don't know anybody who would complain if Satan was destroyed. The 'who's more powerful' argument be damned. No one cares.

I think the question's been answered, but some prophecy drunk humans need to have a calamity to look forward to, to convince them that God is real, their burning bush.

But, yes, I agree the world is in a state of turmoil, but God's judgement has nothing to do with it.

ashi

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Reborn,

While the sound file is embedded into the post, you actually do have a choice as to whether or not you wish to download it or play it. When you clicked this thread, and the file download began, you could have clicked CANCEL. Secondly, if for some reason you went along with it and downloaded the sound file you were not terribly impressed with anyway, instead of playing it, click the X box at the top right corner of the wav.file, and CLOSE IT.

Just for the record, this sound file opened automatically as soon as I clicked page 2. The choice I had was to go into my 'tools' feature of my playback software and disable auto-play. I should not have need to do this.

I have worked as a sound engineer at times Reborn, and have a home studio, and well know how soundclips work!

Whoever posted this sound-clip invaded my privavcy.

Thanks - HS

• You Know
    You Know

ASHITAKA

I have no faith in any man. I have no trust for my government or any government. That's what you assume.

I didn't assume that. You wrote that you felt like mankind would be able to muddle through any sort of calamity because they always have in the past. Then you said that the smart guys surely have a plan in place to deal with the eventual financial crash.

This is not about God and his glory, but the faults of men in Brooklyn. They are the mouthpeice of God one minute, and imperfect men the next. There's no balance.

The many Hebrew prophets, and the great prophet Jesus, were inspired to record the future judgment of this system long before the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York even existed. The Watchtower doesn't really even factor in to the equation as regards the end of this system, except to the extent that they have served to draw attention to the prophecies about to unfold, and serve as a rallying point for the anointed and their friends. You are the one who is unbalanced because you have allowed yourself to be stumbled by the shortcomings of men. Apparently it is inconceivable to you that Jehovah can chastize his organization and eject the wiked ones in our midst, and than bless his loyal ones. That's exactly what the many prophets also bear witness to. Sadly, you have allowed yourself to fall victim to the reasonings of apostates who are confident that if JW's are exposed to enough scandal and error that we will jump to the conclusion that Jehovah's Witnesses are not God's people.

The world is a screwed up place that is going to have many catastrophies happen to it. It will happen. But, unlike you, I am not overjoyed at the thought of collapse of governments and the financial system.

My personal disposition is hardly the issue is it?

The books of Revelation talk of the horrors of Armageddon. Yet, all the Watchtower depicts that it's just those rotten bankers, or governmental leaders which are to blame. What about the billions of people living under tyranny with no choice to do what they will?

You are contradicting yourself. Those who live under tyranny are tyrannized by those who control the system aren't they? So, Jehovah proposes to eliminate a corrupt and oppressive system of things. How could that not be a good thing?

What about real families, real loves, real children? If God remembers a sparow, then 6,000,000 humans have less to fear than they.

Yes, we are talking about the real world with real people and real families. Again you are contradicting yourself. Why should Jehovah allow Satan and his earthly agents to perpetually tyrannize real people and real families? Bringing an end to this world and bringing about a new one is one of the most loving things Jehovah God can do.

The standard answer of "God will take care of them those who are in strange circumstances' smacks of desperation to answer the question. All this mystery, rhetoric, and bloodshed-all to have God say that he is the big man on campus.

Blasphemying God and blaming him for the monumental stupidity of men is not the answer. Jehovah didn't urge men to build thousands of nuclear weapons did he?

Why not destroy Satan? Why not? Sounds logical. I don't know anybody who would complain if Satan was destroyed. The 'who's more powerful' argument be damned. No one cares.

Satan will be destroyed. So will his demons. So will all those who prefer the Devil's rule and ways. Were you unaware that that is Jehovah's judgment?

But, yes, I agree the world is in a state of turmoil, but God's judgement has nothing to do with it.

It's all just a big coincidence that things are developing exactly as Jehovah long ago outlined, uh? That is so unreasonable so as to be absurd. / You Know

• cellomould
    cellomould

Ashi,

You remind me of a good point...supposedly, the Flood was to destroy wicked humans. God 'regretted that he made man', but after the deluge vowed never to do it again. But...who was really responsible for the badness?

It was the fallen angels. Their offspring raped, stole, and otherwise oppressed humans. Of course the fallen angels were at liberty to take up their wings and fly away on the ether.

What utter nonsense... Well, actually, it's quite good if you treat it as a mythological story. But to propose the Flood as the model for a future destruction is madness! (Note: I am not calling Jesus a liar...just a bit misinformed. He must have been sleeping through his prehuman existence not to notice there was NO flood)

What makes JWs think that Satan and his fallen angels won't avert destruction again? (That's intended to be purely rhetorical...but JWs, feel free to muck it up if you wish.)

• cellomould
    cellomould

The Watchtower doesn't really even factor in to the equation as regards the end of this system, except to the extent that they have served to draw attention to the prophecies about to unfold, and serve as a rallying point for the anointed and their friends

You Know, you have acquired the ability to contradict yourself in the same sentence. 'The WT does not factor, except that they are in the center of all the action and only those who kiss their asses will be saved'. YouMustKnow that the WT teaches salvation is dependent on a person's treatment of Christ's brothers: namely, the anointed 144,000, but really the WT itself.

If that is not a self-gratifying prophecy, then I am the reincarnation of Gandhi! (oops I forgot, I AM the reincarnation of Gandhi

• TR
  • ashitaka
    ashitaka

Where I 'contradicted myself', I was trying to make the point that if this judgement is imminent, it is a mistake. Satan should have been destroyed right away. I don't know one human who would have known the difference. What human wants to be a piece on a chessboard?

As for people living in tyanny, I am saying that the bible, which calls God a God of love, is going to kill the bad with the good, simply because they don't know him. Men, liviing under tyrants who should be killed, will be killed themselves, or at least, this is what the elders in my halls always said.

Anyway, thanks for the conversation. Have a good one, YK.

Ashi

• You Know
    You Know

Where I 'contradicted myself', I was trying to make the point that if this judgement is imminent, it is a mistake. Satan should have been destroyed right away.

Oh, okay. I guess you know best how God should run His universe.

As for people living in tyanny, I am saying that the bible, which calls God a God of love, is going to kill the bad with the good, simply because they don't know him. Men, liviing under tyrants who should be killed, will be killed themselves, or at least, this is what the elders in my halls always said.

You are not the judge of who is good and who is bad are you? Isn't that for Jehovah to determine? From my observation, those who do not know God don't want to know him. That makes them bad in Jehovah's eyes and unfit for life in His New World. Besides, those living in abject poverty and under oppression are more inclined to look to God for help. That's why Jehovah says straight out that his determination is to give the earth to the lowly, poor, and meek ones of mankind. Those with the greatest opportunity and freedom are the ones whom the prophecies describe as "over fed and unconcerned." But, yes, you are right, there is a terrible price to be paid for willful ignorance. It won't be a pretty thing when the world meets up with it's judgment. / You Know

• willy_think
    willy_think

Its important because the underlying foundation of the apostasy among Jehovahs Witnesses is based upon the premise that there is nothing out of the ordinary in our day that would indicate that we are living in the foretold last days.

NOT!
    the underlying foundation of the apostasy among JWs is based upon the knowledge that the WTB&TS is just another pyramid scam totalitarian cult that destroys lives and serves no purpose other then the accumulation of funds.

Haven't you been reading the posts You_know?

• You Know
    You Know

the underlying foundation of the apostasy among JWs is based upon the knowledge that the WTB&TS is just another pyramid scam totalitarian cult that destroys lives and serves no purpose other then the accumulation of funds. Haven't you been reading the posts You_know?

As a matter of fact I am throughly familiar with what the apostasy is all about. I have read Ray Franz's book and Carl Jonson's "Gentile Times Reconsidered." Those publications ARE the very foundation of the apostasy. Furthermore, I have had literally hundreds of discussions on this board and elsewhere over the course of the last 5 years disputing the topic. I can therefore say authoritatively that a large part of the teaching of the apostate movement is directed at discrediting the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses that we are living during the period of Christ's presence and the last days. To assert otherwise is simply not true. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit