The "Final Push" before the GT!!! I think they REALLY believe it!

by DATA-DOG 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

They been saying this since 1879.

"The final push"

"on the threshold of the new world"

"The last day of the last days"

"just around the corner"

"you can actually see the new world"

Pathetic.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I still don't understand why the r&f think the governing body has some sort of special insight into the future, some mysterious connection that tells them Armageddon is almost here. Have they ever been right in the past? Haven't they constantly changed doctrine and what their 'truth' is?? WHAT have they done that deserves such reverence. WHAT?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS got its following by making grandiose proclamations then backing their postulations from out of the bible, it worked because people sort believed in the bible.

Remember the WTS is Jah's earthly publishing house so it has to be preaching the truth.

Mind you it was a lot easier to sell these theological ideas to the public back in C T Russell's day when people were more religious minded and less educated.

One thing that always surprised me is how so many other Christian based faiths never said or proclaimed what the WTS did such as 1914 and mankind is living in the last days etc.

Is that they really believed that the WTS. has the real and true bible interpretation ? I saw a underlining fraud being perpetrated even when I was kid .

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The "Final Push" before the GT!!! I think they REALLY believe it!

............After 130 Years You Have To Accept..

.............IT`S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN..

.......Image result for Constipation

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    When I'm in tinfoil-hat mode, I can't help but think that they're actually trying to trigger the GT in the hopes that Big J will come and bail them out.
  • BU2B
    BU2B

As a doomsday cult, they must always believe the end is imminent. Without this sense of urgency, what motivation is there to attend the meetings, go out on Saturday morning and bother people etc. What reason would there be to forgo college and pioneer?

Since we know TTATT we know the history of failed prophecies and predictions dating back 140 years like the backs of our hands. We know about what was really predicted for 1914, 1925, 1799 being the start of the last days etc. However most of the rank and file do not even know about 1975 or the hype of the 80s. That is why they are able to use the same tactics over and over. JWs in general are ignorant of history and even if they are not, what would they say?

Overall, however over the years less and less JWs are buying into the hype. They may talk the talk but they are not all walking the walk. If they truly believed the end was imminent, would they sit idle beside a cart not interating with the public to give their lifesaving message?

Go on WT library and look at random KMs from the 70s 80s, 90s. It is shocking how much the same they all are! How people can stay in for decades and stick with it is beyond me. When you are almost at the "finish line" in the 70s and 40 years later are still there almost at "the finish line" yet at the same time Jehovah is "speeding things up" alarms should be ringing in every heart and mind.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

BU2B, another French proverb comes to mind, Promise chose, promise due.

The JW Religion promised me in my youth during the 1960's that I would see the End very soon.

I am now fast approaching the Biblical 3 Score years and ten. A promise is a promise, but to pun on the French, it is now overdue.

This blatant false prophesying has served them well for well over a Century, they will not stop now, I just wish more JW's would wake up and see the real Truth.

• BU2B
    BU2B

If anyone questions a lack of zeal, or why not going to college is a bad idea, just have this "spiritual meat in due season" printed out and hand it to them. Remind them that those teens who read this article should be retiring soon.

• BU2B
    BU2B

That article never gets old.

Another great part of JWs "spiritual heritage" is that it was said in 1941 that the end was "months" away!

WT 9/15/41

"Receiving the gift (the book Children), the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or a plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon".

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Technically, I think it's JWs that are expected to make the final push, while the GB is making the final pull.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit