A Plea For Responsible Reporting

by hillary_step 71 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Fact - I know of a congregation that cared for a paraplegic for many years in a non US country where there is no welfare state. They fed him, supported him finacially, clothed him, cleaned up after him and buried him. The congregation was very poor and the financial commitment that was invloved in caring for this helpless mans needs made a dent in the income of each person in the congregation.

Fact - I know of a congregation in a UK inner city where 22% of the publishers were ex-heroin users who had by their association with that congregation, grappled with their addiction and turned their hopeless lives into something that had been benefited from the congregation structure.

I am sure of all the negative stories you post as 'fact' just as many positive ones can be posted.

What are you saying, that the comments you posted above are indicative of the behavior of all JW's? If so there would never be any XJW's. People Crawdad, are just people, however they might clothe their emotions.

Best - HS

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Step has a point. I know a couple of people who were dearly loved and cared for by the congregation. I've been to one funeral that wasn't a JW advert. There are good people there, and glaring statements can be detrimental to JWs lurking, trying to get a handle on things.

But, a lot of people here are angry, and just want to scream about it. Isn't it just as important for them to vent as it is for lurkers to see the light? It's hard, but JW lurkers just have to realise that some are terribly wounded people here, and that there's nothing that can be done to soften the message.

If some person who was terrorized as a witness wants to generalize, then people who aren't as emotional (like Step) can correct them, but I think everybody should be able to vent here, even if they make glaring generalizations that are untrue about most witnesses. It's just like saying that you hate someone during an argument.

If you're mostly referring to spreading antiJW-urban legends that we didn't witness ourselves, I agree. Inaccuracy or exaggerations are the worst emeny to our cause to help people escape from the WTBTS.

ashi

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi hillary,

you seem to be missing your own point hillary,

the control that the gov body has, causes members to act a certain way,..... therefore, they generally do act that way.

and as far as the "invalid" that cong took care of, i'll bet the publishers were donating lots of money, more money than he got,..... ya, i'll bet they paid for the kingdom hall loan with him as a mascot.
    and only the elders knew....

and as for the 20 heroin addicts......... hahahahaha.....they became mindless drones for the gov body, going along with everything the gov body says.....

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Craw,

Given the silliness of your answers I suppose we can assume that you have said all you have to on this subject. That is fine with me.

ashitaka,

Thank you for your comments. The point of my thread not about 'venting' which at times I do on this Board myself.

It is about posting gossip and innuendo and these being treated as fact, that is and was my concern. This is the point of my thread, which is entititled 'A Plea For Responsible Reporting'.

Kind regards - HS

• bay64me
    bay64me

And there was me thinking that this board was here for the likes of me, a (seemingly) typical, (almost) exjw that for the first time in years has found a place and the courage to be able to speak out about the many things that i have struggled with because of the organisations crappy teachings! I was never under the impression that this boards' purpose was for lurking jws, (that shouldn't be here anyway) But correct me if i'm wrong!

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

<And there was me thinking that this board was here for the likes of me, a (seemingly) typical, (almost) exjw that for the first time in years has found a place and the courage to be able to speak out about the many things that i have struggled with because of the organisations crappy teachings!>

bay, DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ?

this board is for the discussion of "anything Jehovah's Witnesses. or just make new friends." That's what Simon said, and that's what he meant.

Go back to school if you need to.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

lol....

But correct me if i'm wrong!

Consider yourself corrected.

HS

• Englishman
    Englishman

HS,

You have a very valid point.

Those of us who came here after already spending years of soul searching had most of our answers confirmed by others as soon as we arrived here. What fun it was to find others that would join us in our beefs against dub-dom!

Those who have departedly recently are obviously emotionally fragile, they are very vulnerable to the shifting tides and opinions expressed here.

But, we can't spend all our time just thinking about the new arrivals, some of us want to fart and crap on about the wicked Watchtower occasionally.

Maybe we should all copy the English, who, as everyone knows, are the nicest people on earth.

Englishman.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hillary,

so, my comments are silly?.......hahahahaha, if you only knew how bad the organization really is...

members in malawi were being tortured, slaughtered,.......meanwhile the gov body was using it as publicity....

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Crawdad,

Forgive me, but I must say that you seem to have your mentality stuck way up your biology.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit