From 1 to 10, how do you rate the value of the Internet in your awakening?

by Hidden-Window 76 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

There was no Internet back then.

There was no way for questioning people to find each other, other than guessing each others' state of mind, if you happened to know someone. I was all alone.

As for information, I had a lot of the old-time publications so it was blatantly obvious they didn't always have The Truth as they claimed. Then they went on that wacko bend with that red Revelation book, and the big blue creation book, most of which was obviously batshit insane, and the rest was easily disproven in the public and school library. I mean, misquoting scientists to falsely present their views as pro-creation is just dumb. I almost wonder if they think, "I wonder how obvious we can make the lies to see how much the flock blindly trusts us."

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

1 nov 2013 watchtower stating something to the effect: "even if your given instruction that sounds unreasonable from a human stand point...to just obey blindly." I knew right then, it was a cult.

9 i was looking for information on how to step down as a MS. and i stumbled on this site. that's when the flood gates opened.

"worst mistake of my life was joining this cult...in the words of CHER: If i could turn back time."

GTTM

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

10 without a doubt!

I applaude those of you who left by doing the independent research that would be required prior to Google.

Doc

The greatest revenge is to live a happy and successful life!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Atheist at 12 or 13 (I am 49). So I never thought there was such a thing as a "true religion", however, I went from believing that the WT leaders were sincere and good people to my present position: they are dishonest, arrogant and manipulative. I credit the internet for my learning TTATT and many things related to it, such as history of Judaism and Christianity, ancient history, cults. I give it a big 10.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It provided reassurance that the things I saw and the doubts I had were not unique to me!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I have to say 9. 2 of those points go to Wikipedia for providing me with general information that helped me fill in the gaps in my Watchtarded knowledge base, and the remaining 7 go to JWfacts. The remaining 1 non-Internet point goes to all the science fiction I read growing up.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

10+

Facts from many sources were quicker and easier to find on the Interwebs than I ever could have looked up at the library. TONS of personal stories and experiences here on JWD/JWN and elsewhere. And support on the forums really helped me to make plans and get out. Of course the web has also immensely helped me complete my degree, which has been the exJW goldmine after getting decades of the JW shaft.

I'm thrilled that WT is now encouraging the sheeple to use the Net. Although there is the mind-numbing JW.borg that is their official channel, they are all just a click away from finding TTATT.

• minimus
    minimus

7...I used to sneak so called apostate books and read them from the time I was a teenager. The Internet cemented everything I had read.

• gda
    gda

mahc 10

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I was already having serious doubts before I bought my first computer in 1996. Once I started looking at JW's online, it opened up the door that led me to see that I wasn't alone. There are 10's of thousands of us....if not 100's of thousands who's eyes have been opened to the TTATT. I read the books that were recomended and must say that Crisis of Conscience was the real eye opener for me. It took me several more years to break free because I was so mentally brainwashed that "WE HAVE THE TRUTH". Now.....about to turn 68 in another month, and after about 14 years of being free, my life is better than it could have ever been if I would have remained in the falsehood of the WT corporation.

The internet has been a source of information that the "borg" never wanted us to know. I forget where the scripture is that says "to keep on seeking if you have the truth", but JW's don't want to apply that to themselves. They are so blinded and self serving! So I definitely give it a 10.

HappyDad (Bill)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit