From 1 to 10, how do you rate the value of the Internet in your awakening?

by Hidden-Window 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

10. I accidently came across information on the internet which peaked my interest to keep looking up more stuff. Nobody in the congregation or in my family had any part at all.

• arwen
    arwen

10!!

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

10. No question about it.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

(Without this site, I would be dead. Sadly, no joke.)

• factfinder
    factfinder

9- I saw much wrongdoing on the part of elders in different congs which gave me doubts, but the info on the ngo/un thing and info I found on this site helped me see the tatt.

• Odyssey2
    Odyssey2

10 - discovered things on Internet first then put aside...then after much personal grief with other JW went back to internet to confirm and seek references. I found an avalanche of confirmation.

• Isle of Lewis
    Isle of Lewis

Zero.

Read a chapter of a book while sitting at Barnes & Noble. Went from what I thought was deeply spiritual to atheist in one hour.

It was absolutely the best and most freeing experience of my life.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

What book, Isle? Just curious.

Probably an 8 in my case. The other 2 points would go to being appointed an elder. That was the initial trigger.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

9. Information is what the borg don't want you to have, and the Internet is nothing BUT!

(the other 1 is reading Ray Franz's books, but I was only able to do that on the Internet through a download. So i guess it's 10 really!)

• cognac
    cognac

1%. The other 8% was me, an annointed brother and my family that's still in. The other 1% to those apostates and worldly's I found over the years that made me think a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit