From 1 to 10, how do you rate the value of the Internet in your awakening?

by Hidden-Window 76 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

I was 'out' before the internet but...

internet was a 10 for getting the wt

out of me!

clarity

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i left b4 the internet.and i avoided reading any 'apostate' material. so when i met with the elders i had a clear conscience.

I do not believe the internet is that important. I also don't think the word 'awakening' is the right word. It suggestsone was sleeping. I wasn't.

However I have found this site useful for understanding why I left.

I would therefore rate the internet a 1 for me.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

For me it was a minor factor, I never found JWN, or any other site, I was still too brain washed to seek out any "apostate" sites. I was on a few discussion boards where believers were debating with atheists and I couldn't help but see that the atheists made a bit more sense, and that little bit, along with a personal crisis and rising doubts about the religion helped me break free.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I had read a couple of books in the 70s but....the volume of material on the net is conclusive.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would like to give it a TEN as it was so valuable and right at my fingertips. One day, I googled "Jehovah's Witnesses" and went wherever the links took me.

But I will hold back at a 9.7 as some personal research got me to that point and I am pretty sure I would have found other ways to continue my research without the internet.

• The Truth Shall Set Us FREE!
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

My wife 10 and the internet I will give it about 8. Still Totally ADD

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

10!!!!!!!!! Back in the 80's you only had apostate books at the library with the internet you have documented facts

• Been_There_Done_That
    Been_There_Done_That

Knowledge used to hide underneath a rock, now with the interWEB, it's out there!

• cult classic
    cult classic

We came out without reading anything critical of WT. Our 35 years as model witnesses was enough for us. We were exhausted and had spent a year or so regularly talking about things that didn't make sense and that we disagreed with. After almost a year, I dared to look for others who were out. I was totally "happified" to find so many and spent hours reading exJW personal stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit