Why Do Atheists Struggle So Much Against God Who Supposedly Doesn't Exist?

by Perry 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    ADCMS - I don't play that silly game

Just as I thought, tal...you made a baseless claim and when I asked you to corroborate it with evidence you cowardly avoid admitting your ruse and call giving an answer a "silly game".

Let's rephrase, just to appease your sense of outrage

I'm not outraged. What a childish response. You took issue with something I said, I asked for evidence you had to prove your point. You obviously have none. Why not just admit you made a baseless, off-the-cuff comment and I rightly called you out on it?

There, now go bug someone else.

Ummm...you took issue with my post and came after me. I wasn't 'bugging' you. If anything, you were bugging me.

Tal, your response (more accurately, reaction) is precisely what a theist does when an atheist asks for evidence which supports their claim; instead of honestly providing such evidence, the theist tucks tail and runs, all while spinning a simple question into an attack of "outrage"....which aids the theist in never having to answer questions or provide evidence.

I can see why you identify so closely with the Perrys of the world.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

That is silly.

I want the beliefs I used to have! I was so sure I had the truth then it was all shattered in a day by one cold hard fact (ERVs)

So the reson I am an athiest is because evidence points conclusivly to there being no god. (Or at least no personal god)

I mis the innocence of not knowing better.... but.... once you've seen it's all BS there is no way to put your mind back.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

You are forgetting how easy it is for an atheist to dismiss what you are saying.......

Im an atheist, I REALLY don't beive in your god, no really.....

• steve2
    steve2

One of my JW aunts said to me just on the cusp of my leaving, "Deep down you know this is the truth". People who claim to know what you really, really believe despite your words are in a position never to listen to you because they have already decided what you believe deep down.

Such arguments are ultimately unanswerable.

Perry is simply parrotting an old argument in new garb. Deep down, like my JW aunt, Perry knows what I believe so further discourse is not only unnecessary but futile.

• designs
    designs

Evangelicals have painted themselves into an emotional corner. You living a regualr life are a threat that needs a resolution. Therefore you can't really find happiness or fulfillment, it all must be a facade.

Going to bed everynight thinking humanity was on a crash course to Hell or Armageddon made us have a myopic view of life.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Here's how a dialogue, for lack of a better term, with a theist typically goes. I'll use a non-religious subject so as to take the emotional sensitivity out of the equation for the believer:

believer: "The earth is flat, I know this to be a fact."

non-believer: "Do you have some evidence to back that claim up?"

believer: "Are you insulting my intelligence? Are you saying I have no right to believe what I want to believe? Why the "merciless" attack? Why the outrage? Don't call me stupid."

non-believer: "I only asked for evidence that would support your claim."

believer: ----- (No response-ever. Discussion closed (aka, "Perryfied")).

Meanwhile, other believers chime in and call the atheist a mean-spirited, amoral, bound-for-hell dick for having the audacity to ask the believer a simple question.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cultBgone - "...You are fighting way too hard to believe in something..."

Telling in and of itself.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Here's how a dialogue, for lack of a better term, with a theist typically goes.

You forgot the part where most of the posters in the thread gang up on the theist with insults like "delusional", "nonsense", "irrational", "fairy tale" -- well, I don't need to keep quoting this very thread, you can read it for yourself. After all the mockery directed at the Christian and blasphemy against the God they worship, we usually come to the part when the atheists start feigning outrage over some inoffensive remark by a Christian poster.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Can't we all just get along?"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Reason, evidence and rational discussion are enemies of faith.

If you watched the video you would understand the such statements prove you know that God exists, deep down.

That's really great, Perry. Hit and run again with a single point. So you read some responses, but just dismiss them and fall back on the original premise. Deep down, I do know that YOUR GOD does not exist. And it doesn't have to be deep down. On the surface, I get why people like you think you are serving the correct God and can ignore the exact same types of claims of revelation from cult members and Muslims and Hindus.

I know that there are many others, like me, who do not have a deep down feeling that God exists. Call that a revelation similar to those of people who worship a different god than you do, and choose to ignore it.

I stick with the basics on debates such as these. If God did exist, He would have my cell phone number and know how to "reveal" hiimself to me as he did to you. Until that happens, I stick with rational thought and evidence. And if your God did exist, he's a real S.O.B. for allowing that tsunami to sweep thousands upon thousands of children away to their deaths. No such God exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit