Why Do Atheists Struggle So Much Against God Who Supposedly Doesn't Exist?

by Perry 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I do, however, see a few atheists here, who struggle with others' right to have their own belief system.

I've not seen one atheist here who has said a theist does not have a right to believe whatever they want to believe.

Perry is here evangelizing and telling atheists what they should believe. We are asking for evidence that supports Perry's claims and would persuade us to change our minds. He's offered none (ever). Doing this cannot be rightly interpreted as "the need to be 'right' " on our part, but more accurately a simple request for evidence.

In essence, Perry insists ad nauseum that because he believes, so must everyone else. That is the definition of 'needing to be right'.

"Well of course there is no way that a person can know such things unless they have been there, seen and tested everything to a conclusion which of course never happens. The testimony of one person cannot spawn testimony in another. Ignorant faith based on brainwashing doesn’t cut it!" -Dougla A. Wallace, author (ex-Mormon)

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"Hello? Perry? Perry? Hello?"

The line has gone dead...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

"Hello? Perry? Perry? Hello?"

The line has gone dead...

He's just imitating his god.

• metatron
    metatron

I think there are some atheists who go all OCD on God/Theists in the same way that some conservatives go all OCD on gays and gay marriage.

If you stray off the Middle Path, what does that say about you? If there is no God, why get all emotionally driven about 'intellectual honesty'?

Honesty is a generally useful fixation but I wouldn't get obsessive about it. Time to chill.

metatron

• marmot
    marmot

Well put Metatron.

There was a great bit on The Daily Show last week about some stick-up-his-butt atheist who threatened legal action against a little mom and pop diner that was giving 15% discounts to people who prayed or otherwise observed a moment of silent thanks before a meal. The douchebag even compared it to genocide. The interviewer, Jordan Klepper, told the guy "Look, I'm an atheist. Shouldn't we be picking our battles here?"

I'm against Dawkinsian militant atheism.

• JWINQUESTION
    JWINQUESTION

I'm also curious why another poster "cry2jesus" hasn't responded to my post about Christianity as well. I'm in the middle of Atheism and Theism at this point. I respect all theists and atheists.

Before I say anything to Perry, I'll give him some time to formulate an answer to us all before I say this was a "hit and run" situation. Everyone deserves some patience and time for him to comeback with a reply. Personally, I'm rather fast at replying to someone and know others who take a day or two to respond back. Seems fair to give him some time to answer back to us.

As someone who is in the middle of Atheism and Theism, if my research concludes that Atheism is more logical, I will go with that path but still respect the theists on here. If it makes them happy to believe in a God so be it. But they shouldn't push on their beliefs to Atheists and vice versa.

Again good day to you Perry. We are all anxiously waiting to hear what you have to say. :D

• talesin
    talesin

ADCMS -- hahaha, that's a good one. Well, I'm stuck at home these days, and must read a lot more threads than you.

Metatron - exactly.

tal

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

talesin: ADCMS -- hahaha, that's a good one. Well, I'm stuck at home these days, and must read a lot more threads than you.

Alright, tal...then please post a link to whatever thread you are referring to Re: where an atheist has said a theist has no right to believe what they want to believe.

I anticipate a "Perry Silence" from you on this one so I won't hold my breath...

• Terry
    Terry

I like Perry and I like his family. I can see some of my old self in him. I don't think he would be on this group

unless he cared about something which included most of us on some level. I credit him with caring.

These discussions are a kind of exercise and it doesn't hurt any of us to peer into our response mechanism for

the presence or absence of kindness, honesty, lucidity, and empathy without sliding into contempt.

We have good days and bad; all of us regardless of our beliefs or lack of same.

I spent a year on a Christadelphian website many years ago and the reception I got was stellar. Even when they

were disagreeing with me I was treated as though I mattered. I have only positive things to say about them.

I wonder sometimes if we (don't) realize different people popup here to "audition" our family as to acceptance, warmth, love,

and non-judgmental reasoning.

What impression do we make for the better?

It is a question worth asking, no?

• cofty
    cofty

I would love to discuss these sort of issues with people like Perry who hold diametrically opposite views to me.

Sadly it's impossible because Perry never engages in honest conversations.

Where are all the believers who have the knowledge, courage and intellectual honesty to hold a debate?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit