Why Do Atheists Struggle So Much Against God Who Supposedly Doesn't Exist?

by Perry 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Reason and rationality are not products of random chaos, chance, and mindless happenstance....but are consistent with intellect. The very thing the atheist denies.

Utter tosh.

Please explain in your own words why we need god in order to have reason.

• talesin
    talesin

ADCMS - I don't play that silly game.

Let's rephrase, just to appease your sense of outrage " I do, however, see a few atheists here, who act like others may not choose to have their own belief system."

There, now go bug someone else. Like Metatron, who agreed with me.

t

• cofty
    cofty

Talesin - Everybody is free to believe anything they want. If they post ideas on a religious discussion forum they should expect those ideas to be held up to scrutiny. That is what we do here.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Some do, not all

Do you think you represent people here? Really?

Also, you forgot to add the "merciless" part to your anti-belief scrutiny.

As for the OP, who gives a shite? Some guy on the interwebs who doesn't know me said something ignorant about my worldview. I could argue with a stranger who has no interest in understanding to prove what I believe is true. Eh, whatever

• never a jw
    never a jw

No problem here with a God of order, but not the Christian god of disorder who suspends order and laws to attend to Perry's personal requests. Plllllllease!

• cofty
    cofty

You don't speak for anyone else - Twitch

If I rephrase it as, "That is what many rational people who care about truth do here", is that better?

We wsted years of our lives because we failed to ruthlessly scrutinise our beliefs against the evidence.

No idea gets a free pass.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Rephrase it any way you wish for yourself, I no longer wish to judge peeps based on their beliefs.

I won't say the org didn't do some damage in my life but i chose to leave as soon as I could in my teens. So I didn't waste many years as a choice personally

Your mileage may vary

• Island Man
    Island Man

LisaRose: So believing in order and reason makes me a believer? Fat chance. You are making a giant, incorrect assumption, that lack of a creator would always and only result in chaos. Can you prove that? You can't, anymore than you can prove God exists. Evolution, which can be proven, shows that life did arise out of chaos.

Amen to that! ... except for the last sentence. (Evolution says nothing about how life arose. Abiogenesis hypothesizes a number of scientifically plausible scenarios for the origin of life.)

• cofty
    cofty

I no longer wish to judge peeps based on their beliefs - Twitch

Scrutinising ideas has nothing to do with judging the person who holds those beliefs.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

OTWO, thanks for posting the Carlin video. What an intelligent man, wish he was still around to rattle more cages.

I am still amazed that my entire spiritual journey has led me to embrace the Universe and nature and people...but no god. This wonderful and sometimes painful experience of Life has been sooooooooo much more exciting, loving, peaceful, and just plain enjoyable since I left that godawful thing called jehovah's witnesses. The only good think I can say about it?

It was my revulsion and self-removal from that horrible cult that led me to this place of Joy.

But I spend no time ever "struggling against god" (whoever he is supposed to be) because there is no negativity where I live now. Oh, okay, there is some when I have to drive in rush hour traffic with snowbirds but other than that..........I am all smiles.

So Perry....perish the thought. You are fighting way too hard to believe in something that doesn't even exist. Chill out. Find yourself. Find some peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit