LDC Semininar

by Sour Grapes 63 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The only thing I question is the flat roofs. They tend to leak in heavy rains and collapse under heavy snow loads.

Just remember: "logic will tell you it cant work – but Jesus is in control"

• Ajax
    Ajax

sooo.. a 'Warwick' is the cult-speak theocratic future term for 'we want you to give us about a billion bucks '

as in:

'Brothers, Jehovahs lawyers live a lifestyle that only costs you about a half a Warwick a year.'

or

In a very few years, during this century, when organized religion is just a distant memory, and we have absconded with all your tax-free donations -we will have 20.4Warwicks in our off shore accounts - and you will have - obviously - nothing'

or

''Hey Tony - you still got all your Warwicks in the Turks and Caicos?''

''Lett, you crack me up .. Cayman Islands man - there's no Ritz in Turks.''

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

''Hey Tony - you still got all your Warwicks in the Turks and Caicos?''

I could see that becoming rap slang. "It's all about the Warwicks."

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Sour Grapes:

How reliable is this?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Considering some of the names on here, I would say: very reliable.

Mark Lafdany is local in the Tacoma area of Washington State. He has done a lot of commercial construction projects in the area, and he is a well-sought after person in the organization's building strategies. He's been involved in lots of assembly and KH construction projects over the years.

I have no doubt this is completely reliable.

That said,

The new design will be a bit more commercial in nature – dryvit/stone/ flat roof with parapet / mechanicals on the roof

Recognizable Images like JW.org

Transparency – windows and a store front like entrance - that passersby will be able to see into

Welcoming Atmosphere –this new design will draw people in

Self Serve Literature display immediately in the lobby – this first thing you see – it will mimic what the public is used to seeing in our Metropolitan cart witnessing

The whole idea is like “branding” – or “franchising” – and very recognizable building / logo / message repeated over and over across the country.

Recognizable Images, eh? You mean, not the Cross, since that's recognizable among Christendom, but something else instead?

Transparency, eh? Windowless KHs has been a huge problem in the org for years. Lots of confusion for outsiders.

"branding", "franchising"... did someone say the org was rebranding itself?

• Ajax
    Ajax

Can someone here search- (and then display here as I don't know how)

''Alexander the great vs. israel guided by jehovah'' (images)

There's a really funny picture map comparing the travels of the 2 groups - ties right into this cultish Bull sh1t

Thanx

Ajax

• androb31
    androb31

The new design will be a bit more commercial in nature – dryvit/stone/ flat roof with parapet / mechanicals on the roof

• Recognizable Images like JW.org

• Transparency – windows and a store front like entrance - that passersby will be able to see into

• Welcoming Atmosphere –this new design will draw people in

• Self Serve Literature display immediately in the lobby – this first thing you see – it will mimic what the public is used to seeing in our Metropolitan cart witnessing

• The whole idea is like “branding” – or “franchising” – and very recognizable building / logo / message repeated over and over across the country.

So now they'll be the McDonald's of religion.......oh wait they already are. Serving up cheap crappy "spiritual" food for over 100 years. Billions and billions of rags disposed of on an annual basis.

I'm guessing they'll parade their "great" idea of making the KH's more like storefronts as if they're such trailblazers, like they always do. Oh but wait, Christendom already does churches in storefronts. Wow, way to reinvent the wheel JW.crap. Riding Christendom's coattails since inception!!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Zone 1 – Montgomery NY – Dave Palen

Zone 2 – Palm coast – Matt Gowen

Zone 3 – Chicago

Zone 4 – Rosenberg TX – Ray Andrews (knows Les Jones)

Zone 5 – Denver CO Zone 6 – Malmora CA – Tom McFarland

Zone 7 – Peolip,

Zone 8 – Islands – Rafael Torres

I know a couple of the above blockheads. Many of the rank and file that know these persons on a personal level consider them to be real pricks!

• SadElder
    SadElder

New store front like Kingdom Halls? Sounds like a they are ready for a new round of selloffs to buy "more attractive" properties purchased for investment purposes.

Christian Science Reading Room, Church of Scientology copycats?????

• Ajax
    Ajax

Was this what Jdubs were primed for last year? - when the stupid were admonished to ''...obey even what doesn't make sense from a human viewpoint.'' crap?..

''... leave everything and everyone behind and come work on '' a real estate scam to make the WT even richer than the Mormons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit