Active JW's and JW Lurkers- Especially JW Defenders and Believers: A Few Questions For You

by OnTheWayOut 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

KNEEHIGHMIAH- You make some very good and interesting points . One thing as you stated that REALLY bothered me right before I finally quit attending meetings back in 2003 WAS the intrusion of elders into our personal lives. Elders as well as many rank & file JW congregation members also do NOT recognize personal boundaries or people's private lives - and there was always a lot of gossipping behind people's backs and backbiting - then you'd go to the kingdom hall and talk to these fake people who had plastic, fake condescending smiles on their faces- yet behind the scenes you just KNEW they either hated your ass or were secretly plotting something against you or ratting you out to elders about God knows what. These were some of the things that made me run away from that abusive mind control cult. I'm about as real a person as you're gonna find- and I could NOT deal with all the fake people

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

JW Gone Bad, thanks for your request to CC. I too look forward to hearing about the elder school.

kneehighmiah, your story is fascinating. I went to a wedding outside of the JW's where the groom was "an interested person/study." I had pretty much learned not to tell the elders what I do, so no slack.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

kneehighmiah - "It just upset me that they meddle in things that are none of their business."

And often, it isn't until you've been out for a good long while before you really realize just how much the WTS gets its nose in your business.

• L3G
    L3G

Committeechairman: thanks for your recent posts. I always look forward to them. This statement is certainly spot on:

There are signs that the Governing Body might be leaning toward much tigher control.

Looking forward to more info from you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit