Active JW's and JW Lurkers- Especially JW Defenders and Believers: A Few Questions For You

by OnTheWayOut 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

We try and allow some leeway for sensitive topics but most of the time bad language is simply uncalled for.

Simon, I'm sorry then and I appologize for the language. I'll try control my self in the future........

Maybe Satan got the best of me.

It's just been like our son died without a funeral.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OnTheWayOut - "I still tend to lean the way Flipper suggested - that they have things to hide and don't want to be put on the stand in a judicial case where they might have to reveal things."

Oh, goes without saying (but I'm glad you said it, anyway). A good example would be, for instance, just how widespread the pedo problem is.

Personally, I'd simply expect any GB who did take the stand to waffle, weasel, and otherwise obfuscate his ass off every minute he's in the chair. 'Course, attorneys like Simons and Zalkin would recognize the bullshit for what it was and know how to deal with it.

And if they were crazy/stoopid enough to attempt outright purgery, then they'd be in real trouble, 'casue the paper trails are just too tangible.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

J-Dubbed - "It's just been like our son died without a funeral."

Keep your chin up; you and yours will get through it.

The way the wind is blowing, circumstances that he sees with his own eyes might help him wake up on his own.

A little activism goes a long way, if it's done right.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

committeechairman I have a special request (sorry off toic):

No doubt you have already attended or will soon be attending the elder school that is currently being held for JW elders.

There is an earlier thread that mentioned very little of what the school covers. Would you be so kind as to start another thread (or add to the thread in question) and fill us in a little bit more on what the school covered with some details.

Thank you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Vidiot, I would expect a lawyer to further explain to Gerritt (or any GB member) that misleading is not lying (just as past Watchtower suggest that some people do not deserve a truthful answer).

For Gerritt to say he wasn't "in" the service dept. (or whatever he said), a legal expert had to explain that being in charge of a department from an office outside of their location makes that statement technically true.

A legal expert would further coach Gerritt before taking the stand to say that he really knows little about any information that he is asked to reveal. He would be coached to realize he doesn't know specific dates or specific details and doesn't know how many of these situations exist. He would be coached not to suggest that it is a small percentage or an isolated situation, because that would open a door for them to show how "small" or "isolated" it is, but he would just be told to be dumb. "Don't read anything, don't try to outsmart these guys. Just know nothing."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Basically, channel Oliver North, huh?

x

Once again; cheating...

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

JW Gone Bad - As soon as I can do it safely, I'll post as much detail as I have. However, be advised that it was for the most part a giant rehash of existing material. Nothing really new or revolutionary. Some parts of the judicial part implied strongly that the GB believes elders are being too lenient in reinstatements and the length of time before someone is reinstated, but I think someone already posted on that.

CC

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thank you for your reply committeechairman. We'll look forward to your elder school highlights.

Unbelievable..."GB believe elders are being too lenient in reinstatements and the amount of time before they allow someone to be reinstated." Got to hear more about this in your highlights!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

commiteechairman - "Some parts of the judicial part implied strongly that the GB believes elders are being too lenient in reinstatements and the length of time before someone is reinstated, but I think someone already posted on that."

Yup.

Good to have confirmation, though.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

It was elders like committteechairman who got me to finally accept my doubts about the religion. I know everyone is different but reading angry ex-JW comments kept me in the dark. I was an occasional lurker on forums, but would always reject the facts because of the tone. I know people are hurt, but being angry to me doesn't help. I finally went from lurker to member and poster once I started reading articles by elders and ex bethel it's. I figured that all the "spiritual" men couldn't be wrong. I read posts by committteechairman and I knew he wasn't a fake. I've had access to many of the higher levels of the org so I could see he knew what he was talking about. Also the personnel files from the Grundy jwfacts guy helped we see he was authentic. I've read my own files before. The there was the elder at Beroean pickets who helped as well. He's a guy who dedicated his entire life to the org, but he isn't bitter. So I'm still an MS, but I'm headed out. Thankfully I'm not married, but I had to break up with the only girl I loved very much. it made me sick. But im an optimist and I know everything will be ok. the elders know im slacking, and they've discussed me privately I'm sure. They are no longer giving me public talks or any responsibilities. I only receive bible highlights and service meeting parts. i am sad that one of the persons I studied with in the past is getting baptized today. I was the only JW who went to his wedding. Most of his family didn't even come. I took him and his wife to dinner on their wedding night because nobody else would. The elders somehow found out and counseled me. He wasn't baptized at the time of his wedding so I couldnt get into trouble. It just upset me that they meddle in things that are none of their business. And I was upset by how unkind he was treated by his Jw family. Of course, when he finally joined the school, they all came to see his talk. So they can come see his talk, but not see him get married? I'm rambling, but stuff like that made me mad, even as an active believer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit