Elders removed in Northern PA. Congregation

by ToesUp 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, I'm glad we are getting to the source of the problem. I thought that maybe the removed Elders were wearing colorful socks with metero sexual suits.

Maybe theirs wive's were wearing spandex, and refused to exercise in cotton. Maybe their daughters were dating non ministerial servants. Refusing to conform to those new directions would be indecisive.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Indecisive does not mean too lenient. Not Dfing one is making a decision.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I would really like to know what happened............ as an ex JW I am invested in seeing this religion go away or at least become less of a murderous (blood Doctrine) cult. I also pioneered in a neighboring circuit many tears years ago.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

This isn't really that unusual, in the sense that it would portend anything for the organization at large.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, this is not unusual. In one year we lost 4 Elders. The individual reasons were kind of similar.

1) Children that went to university

2) Wife that never came to a meeting because of depression

3) Wife divorced her Elder husband because she wanted a child, and he didn't.

4) Service hours fell below 10 hrs a month for the husband and wife.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Looks like some elders from a congergation in my area are getting removed this week. I don't have all the details yet.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Years ago in a congregation near me the entire elder body was removed, it came out that they were telling their wives stuff the wives were running the cong etc., and there was lots of gossip problems. I know in my experience the elders wives were giving me dirty looks so I guess the elders were telling their wives about me too.

• Londo111
    Londo111

That happens in most congergations. At least one elder has loose lips.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

So we can still only speculate as to why they were removed ?

No firm information ?

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

The new elder appointing arrangement isn't as different as the WT wants people to think. WT wants to appear to be distancing itself from the appointment process to reduce liability, but the truth is - it is business as usual. The body has to send in recommendations a month before the CO visit with written explanations. The CO sends this to the branch and has a pow-wow with his service desk about who he has the green light on and who he doesn't.

CO gets to make final call but only from those preselected by the branch. The CO is still just a puppet.

So if a bunch of elders were removed, the branch was in on it.

-TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit