Elders removed in Northern PA. Congregation

by ToesUp 73 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

This is the first round of new COs, the new "YOU appoint them " rule*, right? this is Pensylvania, Pen's forest right?, Wt started there ? a trend, soon coming to a congregation near you?

The previous, more dimid - intimidated, smoother- better greased CO(s) may have tried tinkering, boundary changes, to 'reform' a disfunctional BOE,(if that is the case); this is a new ballgame, new rules,

Hardball.

* based on "Paul directly to Timothy", no GB involved,(officially)

• coalize
    coalize

It is possible that this time these elders was disqualified because they really all made something very bad?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes. Sometimes there are good ethical reasons to remove elder bodies, e.g. if they are oppressing the congregation or covering up each others' wrongdoing. What's strange is that the CO did not give a talk about any particular sin afterward in order to imply "this is why we're removing the elders". Is it possible that the talk was just his regular, prepared discourse and it had nothing to do with the removal?

• coalize
    coalize

Ah yes, if the CO didn't make a public point about this disqualification, it's strange!

I know here in France some elders to have being disqualified because they was drinking too much (at the point they wasn't clearly totally sober at the KH...)

but I don't know if they was drinking too much because of JW or because they was french..

• blondie
    blondie

I remember that elders were removed first....then if necessary df'd weeks later.

• baltar447
    baltar447

This happened in a hall I used to attend a few years ago. Then they had a CO/DO visit and everyone had been gossiping about it, the CO gave a talk about "the ways of Jokehova are strange", and talked about "removing an elder body, that's strange. It was ridiculous.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

7 seems to be a huge number all at once!?

I would love to know what went down there!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Was this in Warren Pa? Still Totally ADD

• blondie
    blondie

I have known of 2 congregations where the BOE was removed, actually in one congregation the whole congregation was removed and disbanded.

1) an exremely bad JC (2 where father and uncle of the accused) and victim was df'd (later this was reversed (not a reinstatement))

The whole body except one were removed (he was out of town)

2) A congregation in Colorado sent a petition to the headquarters to address an issue they disagreed with. All elders were removed and df'd when they did not back down. Congregation was disbanded and most df'd, the rest sent to another congregation.

In both cases the BOEs argued with the society on policy., Remember the WTS says that its members must obey even when the WTS is wrong.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

This congregation is in Erie, PA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit