Elders removed in Northern PA. Congregation

by ToesUp 73 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

A close family member just informed me what happened during their last C.O. visit. This occurred 3 months ago. An announcement was made by the Circuit Overseer stating that 6 of the 9 congregation elders have been removed effective immediately. He then proceeded to give a talk about being indecisive. This is a small city and most of these elders have been serving since the early 1970's. They stated you could hear a pin drop during the CO's announcement and talk.

Toward the end of his talk he stated that 2 - 3 elders and their families would be moving from neighboring halls to their kingdom hall to help out and will begin to serve on the elder body.

The story does not end there. 1 month later at a the service meeting. Another elder was removed making the total of 7 elders removed. No talk was given after his removal.

I have inquired of my family member if they have any additional details as to why these brothers were removed. They are not part of the rumor mill (they don't pioneer) so they have no info at this time.

I am hoping someone on the forum may know some more details.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Notice given.

There's a new boss in town.

Are you paying protection?

• hoser
    hoser

They probably didn't kiss the new co's a$$ or were thinking for themselves.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

Thats huge.....

(wish it would happen in our cong! There are some very influencial and manipulative elders here who just love slandering good people's names.....)

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Sounds like they didn't DF someone, CO didn't care for this mercy and he fired them. Or maybe they had too much in the local bank account and were "indecisive" about sending it to HQ.

I wonder who this "ax man" CO is and if he has done any other "hatchet jobs".

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I do know it was this C.O.'s first visit and he is a Greek Brother.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I know that CO. He was in charge of the rehersal for my district convention part.

• mana11
    mana11

which Congregation exactly ?

• Honesty
    Honesty

We all know how the Watchtower throws elders under the bus when lawsuits against the organization are filed so it is probably a blessing in disguise for them as long as they haven't covered up acts of child molestation.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

This happened in the congregation I was apart of in the 1980's. The Elder body was removed except one, and then a trouble shooter from NY was sent to whip everyone back into shape . Basically gossip ,and a 'Jezebel spirit "were the issues. An Elders wife manipulated the body ,and a feud insued .(Her husband ,son, son in law , Step-Father were all Elders ,and she was the puppeteer )

The Elder from NY was a HUGE company man ,and crushed any free spirit around .It was an awful time .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit