Elders removed in Northern PA. Congregation

by ToesUp 73 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

In a court of law, the OP would be dismissed as hearsay. We have no identified congregation in the locality, no firsthand observing/ hearing an announcement - and frankly, a new poster who supplied the rumour - or hearsay. Everything else is speculation and reminiscence of posters' own unrelated experiences. This is a fact-starved thread.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

and victim was df'd (later this was reversed (not a reinstatement))

I'm not clear on this, blondie. Isn't a reversal of a DFing a reinstatement?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think a reinstatement is when a person repents. I think a reversal is like being exhonerated=DNA proves innocent kind of thing. Wrongfully DF'd.

• Listener
    Listener

Toes Up - What congregation did this happen in?

• prologos
    prologos

Toesup, is this an 'eerie' Erie congregation? on the lake?

• Marvin Shilmer
  • sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

this congregtion musnt be too small to have 7 elders, were i live the three congs im familiar with have maybe three or 4 at best, to have 7 elders

that must be a larger congregation. i know who the co is if indeed he is the greek co,

a jw from the local hall,and his wife actually was at my door friday morning,inviting me to the talk today, he just finished vitsiting my moms hall.

I know who would know why that went down but im way out of the loop. but, if i get any gossip from my mom, [not asked for thats for sure,]

ill keep u posted.

• blondie
    blondie

Why would a reversal be a reinstatement. A reversal means the person should never have been df'd (btw the individual was not allowed an appeal by the BOE). In those cases it has been announced from the platform that the person was df'd in error (and this was the congregation that all but one of the elders were removed at the same time). The CO handled the investigation, removed the elders, and made the announcement.

DF Reversal = improper df'ing by the elder body

DF Reinstatement = proper df'ing by elder body but individual is considered repentant and reinstated.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Okay, interesting. I'd just never heard of a reversal before; I didn't know that was even a term.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

@apo, your confusionay be due to the fact that Reversal is not a current term/procedure. Many years ago it was but now there is a 7 day window after a JC decides to DF. In that 7 day window no annoucment is made. If someone appeals elders from different congregations hear the case, in so far as the appellant states there are grounds. If the appeal committee upholds the decision then an annoucment is made And it is considered final. There is no such thing as a reversal (anymore) because there was an appeal process. If the appeal comittee cannot decide they also can reach out to the CO or the branch directly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit