Elders removed in Northern PA. Congregation

by ToesUp 73 Replies latest jw friends

• tiki
    tiki

my guess would be that they had banded together and refused to accept something like that new siphoning off of funds to general headquarters....that is surely grounds for dismissal.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

my guess would be that they had banded together and refused to accept something like that new siphoning off of funds to general headquarters....that is surely grounds for dismissal.

That would be my guess too.

If it was because of a moral issue, there would surely have been a Local Needs talk about the issue (wife swapping; fraud; whatever), but they wouldn't want to make public their scheme to funnel off the Cong Ca$h. Just DF and hope they STFU or at least that others will refuse to hear them.

Doc

• 88JM
    88JM

I really wonder what kind of ass-kissing elders they get to replace these guys?

How do they manage to convince them to move/step in to sort things out? Threaten? Bribe?

Surely the guys who replace them must know why they stepped down?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I wonder if it is a Menlo-like situation where they want to sell a KH and have the congregations merge or share a KH. I know if it happened to me I'd really feel used and would oppose it.

• blondie
    blondie

They have plenty of elders who want to move up the food chain.

Go to a foreign country and build

Get parts on the local circuit roster (too much competition in their area)

They even have some that get rotated to problem congregations until it is fixed and it is to the next one.

Two congregations in this area had problems amongst the elders, elders sent from nearby states to end the discord especially after several elders removed.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Blondie is on point, as usual. While common sense would suggest that other local elders would be wary of this situation or perhap sympathize and respectfully decline to move in, history says there is a line around the block of willing company men to step in and look good here. Whatever the reason for their removal (and im far from convinced it was money), there will be plenty of other elders waiting to jump in.

as one poster is fond of saying: lets review: its a cult.

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

This congregation is in Erie, PA.

Any more specific info?

Asbury Woods congregation immediately comes to mind, but I don't want to assume anything.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I wonder if any of those guys have made it to our forum as a result of this turn of events???

Discouragemnet and a sense of injustice is a great way for 'eyes to be opened'!

• sir82
    sir82

Of course I know nothing about this particular case, but I can speculate with the best of them.

A talk on "indecisiveness" following the announcement of a large number of elders sounds like they were canned for not disfellowshipping someone, or a group of someones, and the CO thought it was a case where there should have been DFings.

The WTS, and COs when they visit, have been hammering on the point that elders are far too "lenient" in judical cases, that far more judicial cases should end in DFing.

The last 2 elders schools have had many many hours, and extensive video presentations, on the "right way" judicial hearings should be held. There were 3 main "segments" over the past 2 schools. It is interesting that the videos show:

1) Judicial case - victim is disfellowshipped

2) Appeal hearing on the judicial case - disfellowshipping is upheld

3) Reinstatement plea after 6 months - turned down, victim remains disfellowshipped

The clear message: most judicial cases should end in disfellowshipping, don't overturn them on appeal, and don't let them back in too soon.

Now that COs have more power than before, I expect this sort of thing to happen much more often.

If our CO would have had that power a few visits ago, I think he would have done the same as described in the OP.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I dont intend to beat a dead horse, especially over something none of us can definitely speak to, but i totally agree with sir. In my experiance as an elder thats exactly what indecisive means. Its very easy to say "follow the money" but that overlooks the reality of day to day life in the cult. Its simply NOT always about the money, even for CO's. Even at bethel. There is the day to day grind to keep people in line, to control them, that makes it a cult. Again, just my .02 and i can prove nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit