Was justice served fairly in the Micheal Brown tragedy, whats your opinion ?

by Finkelstein 164 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

TheSilence: when you write it out and try to make up all the things that people want to have happened it really does show how utterly unreasonable some people are.

This whole incident happened in about a minute. You'd think he'd had months to think about it going off some people's claims.

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio
    I dont understand why this was blown up into this big of a deal.

That town had a history of police brutality. This instance was the tipping point, especially with three other cases of young black men getting killed around the country highly publicized. It wasn't just a one-off thing. It was a timing thing.

• Simon
    Simon

It was made into a race issue by the same agitators that always show up and start making the claims instead of allowing the justice process to work.

If people feel so strongly about things and it's happening as frequently as claimed then why don't they do something when they have an opportunity to elect a represeantative to tackle the issue? Trying to bend a specific case into something it can't be and pinning judgement on a social condition on the verdict of a case involving individuals is both unfair and unwise. Even if the cop was indicted it would not have solved any problem or altered any of the things they claim are wrong.

A 12% election turnout does not suggest a community with massive problems that people are fighting against.

Can you explain the apparent contraditions in words and actions?

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

Black people are not a monolithic group of people, first of all. You seem to relate to them as such. A group of millions of people with differing demographics, histories, and situations, with completely different outlooks on life, who only share an outward skin color and varied shared experiences based on that skin color cannot be addressed as if they are an organized group of people under one banner.

Now, on the micro-end, as with an actual small community of people, or the individual, it's quite easy to see how someone would be jaded with politics.

• Simon
    Simon

Black people are not a monolithic group of people, first of all. You seem to relate to them as such. A group of millions of people with differing demographics, histories, and situations, with completely different outlooks on life, who only share an outward skin color and varied shared experiences based on that skin color cannot be addressed as if they are an organized group of people under one banner.

They are the ones protesting and complaining about how they are treated. They are the ones who see themselves as the single group. Just watch the news.

This is where part of the problem is in this case - people are leaping on it for what? Because they share the same skin color as the kid involved.

So really, who sees them as a single group?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

-------

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

If Wilson's telling the truth then justice was served. Twice as a matter of fact.

• Simon
    Simon

It's fascinating reading the witness testimony. Many are all over the place with some huge red flags:

• People contradicted their own testimony when questioned again
    • Some changed stories after they said they'd seen things on the news and realised they must have been wrong
    • Others said things absolutely known to be untrue (e.g. there were two cops in the car)
    • Lots of them contradicted the forensic evidence (so provably untrue)

The consistent ones tend to be supportive of the officers version of events and also didn't contradict the facts that the forensice evidence provided.

I don't think anyone can reasonably claim he didn't tell the truth.

Sad to see people still claiming "murder' after a thorough investigation and jury verdict. I was particularly disappointed with the stupid woman that's always on CNN (sonny something) as she was talking to the family and saying things like "were you shocked at your sons murder coming so soon after the murder of trayvon martin". Absolutely disgusing, biased, inciteful and sensationalist "reporting".

• minimus
    minimus

I agree, that mb is not in their league, not even close. Some people would claim the same thing if Biggie Smalls was killed by a white person. These guys are thugs. Your list is the poor souls that should never have been executed!

• talesin
    talesin

I apologize for saying POS. I have no excuse, nor explanation.

It was an awful thing to say. I guess, I let my feelings about the hate-mongers take over. Not the 'white' haters, but the black.

There are so many, for lack of a better term "African-American" heroes - young men and women who REFUSE to give in to the system of hate, and are seeking a brighter future.

THis young man, couldn't see that. Hell, he's no hero, but he was not a POS.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit