Was justice served fairly in the Micheal Brown tragedy, whats your opinion ?

by Finkelstein 164 Replies latest social current

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

Even in legal terms, justice depends on law interpretation, which is subjective. That's why courts are set up the way they are, and why the "higher" ones deal strictly in interpretation.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's easy over a "coffee" to say what you would have done...what he shoulda done. But you were not there holding on to a huge monster high on pot, wrestling with your gun. It's life or death, what are you gonna do. Thats how it went down it was not planned, he pulled up in front of them and a struggle began before he got out of the car.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

At least 9 of 12 people? I thought only 4 were necessary to bring a no indictment?

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

" Grand juries do not need a unanimous decision from all members to indict, but it does need a supermajority of 2/3 or 3/4 agreement for an indictment (depending on the jurisdiction). - See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/how-does-a-grand-jury-work.html#sthash.cWhngQj8.dpuf

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

That means 8 could have been saying "indict" and it still could not happen. Or all 12 said "no". We will never know.

• Simon
    Simon

There is nothing to suggest that the grand jury did not take this very seriously or that any evidence was with-held from them.

The witness accounts that didn't contradict forensic evidence supported the officers version of events.

The only "doubt" is why people tolerate the clear perjury from some witnesses.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It has to be realized that there was a motion for MB to leave the scene, most likely due to the gun going off startling both him and officer Wilson during the scuffle at the car.

After all what happened at the vehicle, it would be hard to predict what a person would do and what reaction would have been the best thing baring the curcumstances.

Nevertheless one would have to give the benefit of doubt toward the involing police officer.

Perhaps a more seasoned experienced officer would have done things differently but that again rest in speculation, at least until more intricate information comes forward.

By the way I am by no means trying to fan the flames of racsim in posted on this topic. Peace out .... Fink

• a watcher
    a watcher

Yes.

I'm not going to second-guess the Grand Jury.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

There is no need to second guess the grand jury. It is what it is. But it has to be acknowledged that 8 of them may have wanted to indict. That's the point I'm making.

Reminds me of the 2/3 majority vote of the Governing Body to change Watchtower policy Ray Franz illustrated.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Mr. Brown attacked the officer, injured him, tried to grab his gun and forced the police officer to send Mr. Brown's evil, thieving ass to probably a very unpleasnt meeting with Jesus.

Mr. Brown deserved what he received.

If more of these thugs received the same treatment the crime rate would definitely decrease.

I say kill 'em all and let God sort it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit