Was justice served fairly in the Micheal Brown tragedy, whats your opinion ?

by Finkelstein 164 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

'If being a JW taught me anything it's TRUST NO ONE' - absolutely fantastic point. Having survived j-dubland myself, I trust myself only, no-one else.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

LUHE - My approach is now quite nihilistic. I feel I'm turning into the type of character Clint Eastwood plays. I just need a poncho, a stogie and a hat.

• Simon
    Simon

Really? Now people want to be critical of the officer for the radio being on the wrong channel?

You've just been attacked and had to shoot someone. It could easily have been knocked during the attack.

Some people seem to be so desparate to find something that the cop did wrong. If that's the best you can come up with then I think it says a lot.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I feel that there's a lot to say in favour of nihilism, punkofnice. I don't think my nihistic attitude quite matches yours but it's getting there.

I read or heard somewhere that life, if lived sensibly, is like some kind of gigantic free lunch. Amen to that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not at all Simon, just trying to examine the events as they occurred leaving the door open to investigation.

I'm sure the Captain of the detachment queried Wilson later on to why he didn't wait for back up to arrive.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I dont understand why this was blown up into this big of a deal. There are police shootings everyday, some justified, some borderline, some clear crimes. There are videos emerging every month of cops gunning down people in cold blood who are running away, surrendering, etc. This was NOT one of those cases. The media subsists on race baiting and division.

Google Kelly Thomas. Read his story, look at the images. Why is he not deserving of coverage??

He was beaten for over 30 minutes, stomped, kicked and tazed. He was mentally ill and caled out for daddy through the beating. The officers were aquitted. The video is on youtube if you have the stomach for it. Had he been black, I am certain this woud have been made into a race issue, when the real issue was police brutality.

In the following video you can see the police in Long Beach gun down an unarmed FLEEING man. No charges. Why no outrage? Why no national coverage? Why no riots?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xht3iD0SMk

• minimus
    minimus

fink, you are beating this to death. You cant seem to understand that this young criminal did everything wrong and paid the price. No one can expect to do what he did to a policeman and not expect to be shot. Go after any cops gun and you will get shot. This is not rocket science. If you can't understand this whole concept, what else can anyone say???

• Simon
    Simon

Your desire for to investige the facts seems intent on being very one-sided fink. Why is that? Why the agenda?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The thing that sparked my attention to this " I didn't know when I called for back up that the channel was not on the right one to make a informative connection" to the base. When police call in to the detachment, there is usually a verbal confirmation by the person at the detachment to confirm that the message was received.

ie ... Copy that unit such and such

Police officers are trained to wait for a confirmation that their message was received by radio dispatch.

• minimus
    minimus

Let it go. Please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit