Officer Wilson not indicted in killing of Michael Brown

by Simon 551 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

what about all of the other black individuals who have overcome all different kinds of adversity that they may have been born into and made success of their lives?

Success starts with belief. Telling kids that they can achieve great things and be successful is the first step to them being successful. I don't mean paint a fairy tale of unrealistic expectations but be positive. Anyone can educate themselves and read books, access the internet etc... We are not living in nazi germany. But it takes some encouragement and people valuing education and achievement.

If they are told the world is against they for one of the very few things they can never change then they have been disadvantaged right there before they've even started. If people who do try to reach out and achieve things are kicked down by their own people for "being too white" then what hope is there and what chance do they have?

I used to wonder at the mentality of people like MB who chose to attack the police but I understand it having seen the coverage - you see little kids being indoctrinated with the message that cops are looking for any excuse to kill them. If you grow up with that belief then you may well chose to strike first if you don't wise up to the reality of the lies beforehand.

It's sad and ironic. I was watching the images of looters and they look like something off a zombie movie smashing through the windows and running randomly around in the parking lot. The original zombie movie was a commentary about racism with the black guy the first on-screen hereo fighting the mindless zombies. Now it seems like the roles have been reversed.

I honestly don't think most non-black people really care or have any interest about race other than in a historical context. People hapilly worship black icons in sport, in music and vote for black politicians and even presidents. Sure, there will always be a small segment of nuts in any population - no bad ideas can ever be extinguished completely (there are still nazis). But the racism today seems to exist more in the black commmunities than anywhere else going off the rhetoric we've been hearing.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

And since I don't "LIVE" in America. I am ignorant.

P.11

But the black kid, who is born in East LA and will forever be labelled because he received a poor education, and was labelled a 'thug' because of geography, may beg to differ.

P.12

Read your own posts first, talesin, before retorting with idiocy...

And, I quoted you in context. If you don't like what you post, don't post it.

lol, you are really cherry-picking now! just so I can reply, can you reference that quote by page?

Just in case you "forget you posted this, it's on this page, P.12. Look up.

• talesin
    talesin

I don't get your point, except to be 'right'. And that's okay. I don't need to win.

Go forth, and multiply. The ignorant always need more ppl on their side.

xo

tal

• talesin
    talesin

PS. I undersatnd your personal bias. You are most likely, white and middle class. 'Nuff said!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

talesin: I don't get your point, except to be 'right'. And that's okay. I don't need to win.

Go forth, and multiply. The ignorant always need more ppl on their side.

A typical response. I expect no less from you.

What's hilarious is that you are pissed off by words you wrote, and your only retort is a childish ad hominem when I quote you. Will you be grown up enough to admit I accurately quoted you and in context? Or, are you going to pretend you didn't say what you said.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

PS. I undersatnd your personal bias. You are most likely, white and middle class. 'Nuff said!

And you are the one pointing fingers at others about racism? Astonishing. It didn't take long for you to show who you really are...which nullifies any previous arguments you made about the evils of racism in the 21st century.

• Simon
    Simon

It's kind of funny how the "you don't live in America" is used.

The reality is that people get most of their knowledge through the TV and internet whether you live in America or not.

In fact, even if you live in America you can be thousands of miles away from where these incident happen. You can be less than hundreds of miles away and still in a completely different world. You could be in a different part of Ferguson and have a completely different experience to someone else from another part of town and find out about it all on the news.

And this whole "you don't know what it's like to be black" thing? Well that works both ways too - black people don't know what it's like to be white either so why are they telling us what we think or feel about them?

The human condition works becase we have empathy. We can imaging what life is like for other people. None of us were in wartime germany and few of us are jewish but we can imagine what life was like for Anne Frank. We can see places on the news and imagine the suffering the people are going through without living through it ourselves.

All of this and yet we're supposed to believe that we somehow can't imagine what it's like to be black? Even after all the movies and TV shows?

Maybe some people should imagine what it's like to be a cop ...

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

This happened in Portland, OR last night. These protestors are just effing stupid. I don't pity them one bit, let them go homeless, and die of starvation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftc7ow4lNLE#t=159

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3DQQQWTXn4#t=173

• Simon
    Simon

I undersatnd your personal bias. You are most likely, white and middle class. 'Nuff said!

I think you've shown the sort of person you are and the biases and judgements you make about people.

Imagine if someone said "you are biased, you're probably just black and poor - 'nuff said" ... how would that go down?

• Simon
    Simon

This happened in Portland, OR last night. These protestors are just effing stupid, and should be sent back to the wild.

It's an excuse for all the thugs and angry hating losers to go crazy. Disgraceful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit