Seen on Etsy - wtf!

by poopsiecakes 80 Replies latest social humour

• cofty
    cofty

Here you go.

Battle rages over 'Keep Calm and Carry On' souvenirs...

It's an excellent bookshop in a disused railway station.

• bigmac
    bigmac

dont be surprised to see JW.ORG condoms next. special small size to fit the JW.ORGAN

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Thanks, Cofty! I bought a big keep calm sign made out of tin in Covent Garden about 6 years ago before the whole thing exploded into international over marketed popularity. I still like my tin sign though lol - it's hanging in my pantry.

Ooh Heaven, you naughty thing...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Poopsiecakes says ...... I never would have thought it would come to open commercialization - something they've historically condemned other religions for.

Keep in mind thats it not the WTS. creating and selling these products, they are being created and sold by individual JWS .

Cashing in on the brand name so to speak.

I guess the WTS .doesn't have a patent on the JWorg. logo.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Oh I know it's individuals making and selling this crap, but the WT sanctions it (or they would have kaiboshed this mess by now) and they started it by splashing their big new logo everywhere possible.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

True PC the WTS started it all at the Assemblies where they posted huge sign boards up.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hmmmm...jw.org condoms...jw.org fake barf/turds...jw.org beer hats...

What would they do I wonder...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

jw.org fake barf/turds

Already have those...it's called the Governing Body.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Rather than being a photo of an actual pendant made with a JW slogan on it, the slogan on the pendant in the opening post looks it's photoshopped to me. If you enlarge the photo you can see that the letters are transparent and the shine is only on the pendant underneath the letters rather than on the letters. It looks like they photoshopped the JW slogan onto a photo of a pendant. I'm not convinced that anyone is really selling such an item.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

If all of these zealous JW's would examine their own religion with the same level of enthusiasm they examine other religions in order to prove them wrong, they'd all be atheists within a week.

haha Pete, if it's photoshopped that's even worse!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit