Seen on Etsy - wtf!

by poopsiecakes 80 Replies latest social humour

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Isn't pride supposed to be a sin???

Proud Jehovah Witness BUTTONS or MAGNETS or mirrors in colors love JW.org badges pins pinback jehovah's witnesses 1.25" or 2.25"

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Not when you take "pride on Jehovah"

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Pride is only bad for the majority of the world's population.

• Dagney
    Dagney

That is funny.

I think the marketing firm convinced WBTS any publicity is good publicity if you want to get your name out there.

In the past, the WBTS corporation put a kabash on certain materials third parties were selling with their name and logo. Now it is the opposite. Nobody really cares about jw.org except those currently worshipping it. I think with today's techological tools available, this may explode and flood the miniscule JW market with...oven mitts, mousepads, clothing, bottle openers...so far there are no limits. I wonder how long before a BOE letter comes down putting an end to it and the necklace will be a collector's item.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Let's put this in the 'not funny' file. Even though the Pinterest user account has this filed under 'jw funnies'.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

...another one showing judgey cruelty

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Hmmm. I suddenly have a new business idea.

• cofty
    cofty

A bit of background info - The original poster dates from WWII and was published by Her Majesty's Government. It had the Royal crown at the top and simply read "Keep Calm and Carry on". It was published during the years that German bombers were destroying cities all the UK in night time raids. Carrying on regardless became a matter of pride and stoicism a national trait.

A few years ago a second hand bookshop not far from where I live acquired an original copy of the poster which it displayed in the shop. The owner had the idea of having copies made for sale and then putting it on mugs etc. It was massively successful and has led to an endless succession of memes.

The JW version is dreadful.

Keeping calm is the antithesis of what it means to be a JW - the most up-tight, conspiratorial bunch of self-obsessed people on the planet.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Thanks of the info Cofty, I was clueless about what all the keep calm stuff was about.

• Heaven
    Heaven

So yeah, there's a store in Tijuana. Christmas gifts, anyone?

poopsie... it was "Merry Gift Exchange" in our house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit