Do you remember the 15 minute break at the Sun. meeting?

by 3rdgen 82 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Talisin, you're so sweet! My parents moved so much that eventually we were in a Hall that had the 3:00PM meetings and I got to see the shows. Plus, my mom missed meetings from time to time and I got to stay home if she did. TV was my escape from the harsh reality of my life and my companion as an only child born into a cult.

• talesin
    talesin

For me it was books. I would sneak them home from the library in my bookbag, and read under the covers with a flashlight. hehehe Wishing I was an only child as I spend a lot of time recovering from my brother's various means of abusing me ...

The shows I missed were the teen years, weekdays. Welcome Back, Kotter, Hawaii 5-0 (Book 'em, Danno! :P (I had SUCH a crush on Jack Lord) and the Waltons were on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I was always missing them. ALso, I only got to see the Brady Bunch one or two times. I never knew what the kids at school were laughing about when they said 'marcia marcia marcia!" :P I do now, though,. haha

t

• Dagney
    Dagney

Tal None such things happened to me. My dad was an angry alcoholic with a trigger temper, but I got his better years. My other sibs did not. And I was a late in life baby raised almost like an only child, so not hard to manage. My heart goes out to the kids from families that forced an abnormal military lifestyle demanding perfection. We don't forget our childhoods.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hey you guys nostalgia rules...How about forming the the retro 50s/60s tribute religion repreaching the old light.

Think of the fun and discussion s regurgitating the old beliefs !!..Everyone welcome 15 min interval for those wishing to escape !! Lol

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Dagney (hugs) from one adult child of an alcoholic to another. To Galaxie, not sure if you were being sarcastic or not?

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi 3rdgen..... tongue firmly in cheek!!

• 3rdgen
  • talesin
    talesin

Aw, you know I love ya, gal!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Holy cow I hadn't thought about this in decades. I believe I was VERY young when they discontinued the break on Sundays. Does someone remember the exact year? It must have been around 1977 maybe? I remember liking the chance to play with my friend (only slightly...we were allowed to say hello and not actually play).
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    That sounds about right, possibly sooner. I think thry got rid of it to stop people from escaping at the break. It was a mixed bag, as it was a break from the monotony of the meetings, but then you were forced to talk to people whether you wanted to or not. Did they then shorten the meeting by fifteen minutes or just fill it up with more meeting? I can't remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit