Convention new book reveals "GROUP 2" of the 1914 generation...the horror.

by Witness 007 83 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

K Newww Lie GGHT!!!

‘This generation shall not pass away’.

The word “generation” has been a stumbling block for many of the faithful and indeed, some not so too. The GB now acknowledges that it was , previously, shooting in the dark - and blanks at that- regarding the interpretation of this word. While it has been unfortunate that the belief in previous guesswork has caused many to die with a forlorn hope, the present 8 million need not fear as J had seen fit to correct our thinking and has brightened our thoughts with new Halogen Bulbs powered by state -of -the –art solar panels..

The mistaken assumption that led to this erroneous guesswork earlier was in presuming that the word ‘generation “, as understood at the turn of the last century, was used in the grammatical sense of a noun. The research department, after ceaseless roving and countless hours of pouring through numerous documents, are to be commended for discovering that the word, actually, has its usage as a verb in the confounding sentence. The generation that saw 1914 have had children, and those children have theirs, and, no doubt, these will have or had or are having theirs too. So now the generation of generation into further generations continues generating generations generously. Irrefutable, immutable, , incorruptible, and mostly -unstoppable in making it profitable.

Simply laughable!!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

For zeb.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

I just can't stop laughing at some of these comments, especially Zordino and Hairtrigger. I am totally confused about the overlapping, group 1 and group 2. Just out of interest, is there any scriptural backing for the overlapping and the groups?

It kind of reminds me of a parent who has told a small child about Santa. They go shopping and see him in a department store. Then they go to another store a few minutes later and there he is again. The parent then has to concoct a story about him flying in on his sleigh, but no one saw the huge sleigh flying in, or that he has helpers, who look and are dressed identically to him.

Tell one lie and you need ten more to back it up. That seems to be what is happening here. I am sure someone will tell me if I am wrong.

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

Evidently Jesus was overzealous when he said "this Generation." Understandably since by his own admission he did not know the day or the hour. We can simpathise with him having been living as a human for 30 plus years that he was simply eager to end this imperfect misery of life for all his friends. Doesn't this make us love our Jehovah more? Yes, Jehovah allowed his perfect son to make a prediction that would need an adjustment in understanding in the final part of the days. What exciting times we live in! Praise Jah!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Wow, you really have to be chugging the Kool-Aid to believe this preposterous idea.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

According to their idea these men will die within 30 years at least...so ARMAGEDON COULD HAPPEN AT ANYTIME!!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

utter nonsense, completely making up as they go along, to think the R&F believe these idiots are guided by the holy spirit

• prologos
    prologos

Witness oo7: only 30 years??

WT Writers proffer two simultaneous ideas on this big question:

It can happen anytime, soon , but

not later than 2075,

based on the life line of Fr.Franz, dead at around ~2000 and a modern, similar anointed, born in the 1980ies. living to around 100. getting anointed, baptised, not at 9, but the ripe age of 15. and being contemporaries for a short whily.

Every day this goes on is money in the bank.

2075, a nice year to remember.

• Greener
    Greener

This topic has moved me to finally post on here. I am a born in that faded/left in 1996 but not for any doctrinal reason. It was the obvious lack of love there and absence of the so called spiritual paradise. So this is my first post on this forum. I had been a MS and my Dad was an elder.

That being said, of course this whole overlapping generation new light and pointing to F Franz as the Group 1 generation would seem to me to have many flaws as have been pointed out here. One that I haven't read about lately is identifying this first generation of anointed. Even using the JW view, why would the 1st generation have started with Franz? Who decided that? We know who and why of course, but what about any anointed that were lets say 80 or 90 yrs old in 1920 for arguement sake? Those that were born in the 1830s or the 1840s ie a generation before Franz etc that lived to see and discern the signs of 1914 and who lived through the so called choosing of the faithful slave? They went along with Rutherfords take over etc and were considered by the society to be of the heavenly class. Are they throwing these under the bus too?

The first generation of anointed should start with them, and really you could say that there are 2 generations of anointed prior to F Franz. That would make him an overlapper 2nd or 3rd generation anointed.

Thanks guys.

• Listener
    Listener

Welcome Greener, nice to hear from you.

I find their reasoning on 'this generation' to be so ridiculous that it hardly merits any thinking on their idea.

It would appear that the 1st generation didn't start with Franz. It started with any who were there in 1914, including Russel and Rutherford. I think they are trying to impress the idea that the 1st generation ended with Franz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit