Early Evidence for 1 John 5: 7

by Perry 114 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear designs...

isaiah 1:7-15 sounds a lot like, "your house is left to you desolate"...does that mean that God wasn't their God?

And come to think of it...as the religious leaders of their time (watchmen) it would be because of ezekiel 33:6 that the pharisees would say, " let His blood be on our heads." (Matthew 27:20,25) being that paul was called to warn the people as a watchman too that's why he said: acts 18:4-6 relating to ezekiel 33:8.

love michelle

• designs
    designs

That is what some Protestant groups want it to mean who take Replacement Theology serious. To believing Jews it means get your act together. The Covenant is considered irrevocable per the Torah.

• myelaine
    myelaine

I don't believe there is replacement theology in the bible, designs. Paul is explicit that the natural branches will be grafted in again. my first post on this thread says "presently under God's judgement" not God is done with the jewish people.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear kaik...

the torah prescribes sacrifices as well as maintaining the laws in order to have a good standing with God. So, your saying, "It is only yours own responsiblity to have a good standing with G-d. Salvation is achieved through obedience to Torah..." is true. What are the jewish people and priests doing about the sacrificial part of their responsibility toward good standing with God? ...hebrews 9:18-23

love michelle

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Is there any early evidence for the Desolation of Smaug?

• Perry
    Perry

Tell me more about that omnipresent baptism of good ole Yeshua! God descended up on himself, approved himself and presented himself to himself to do his own will. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING !!! WOOOOO HOOOOO !!!

Hebrews 1

God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5 For to which of the angels did He ever say:

“You are My Son,
    Today I have begotten You” ?

And again:

“I will be to Him a Father,
    And He shall be to Me a Son” ?

6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:

“Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

7 And of the angels He says:

“Who makes His angels spirits
    And His ministers a flame of fire."

8 But to the Son He says:

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;

..., he said, And let all the angels of God worship him.

The deity of Christ is well attested to in scripture. None of the angels were begotten. They were created. Similarly, I might create a statue or a watch or a computer chip, but I begat my children, I didn't create them.

My children carry 50% of my uniqueness, my dna. They are very literally "of me" or "from me".

God does not have DNA to characterize his uniqueness. Furthermore, his unique essence cannot be divided like our DNA can because he is omnipresent by his nature. Every "part" of his essense is omnipresent, along with his other omnis that characterize his nature. Somehow his very essence was overlaid or welded to the physical Man Jesus of Nazareth. He is fully man by nature but also posesses the nature of God, which cannot be divided. He is "God manifest in the flesh".

This is the meaning of the sayings of Jesus when he said he was "from" his Father; or "of" his father. He meant that literally he was from his essence, not his locality.

Hope this helps.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Hebrews 1 is awesome in proving the Deity of Christ. There are many places in the bible where it is so obvious.

• designs
    designs

abbas- it is only in your NT that any diety is ascribed to Jesus, its their invention and not part of Judaism.

Michelle- You can't take Hebrews,or any NT book as an authority on Judaism, there are simply to many mistakes about Judaism in these books. Ask any Rabbi or go to any Jewish resources and they will tell you that animal sacrifices are not necessary in Judaism in order to be foregiven. The recent celebrations of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are testiments to that. All that is required is contrition, repentence, restitution and prayer.

• designs
    designs

Hebrews 9:22 is an example of how Paul, or whoever wrote Hebrews, tweaks matters just enough to fool someone not educated in Judaism.

'Without blood there can be no forgiveness of sins'.

Yet Lev.5:11 says you can go Vegan in your offering to God and its Ok!

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear designs...

What you are saying doesn't agree with the word of God.

deuteronomy 6:24-25

let me get this straight... what you are saying is essentially, I can't go to the OT for instruction on God's law. to hear and understand what He has to say on any matter I should go to someone else to interpret what He said...as if He wasn't capable of communicating clearly?

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit