by Perry 114 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

"a version of a moment in time".

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear designs...

Do you know the word?

THE word is ὑποκρίτης (hypokritēs) from which we get HYPOCRISY.

rabbinic judaism, which (as an atheist) you cite as the absolute final authority, is simply a version of interpretation.

love michelle

• designs
    designs

Did I cite the Torah and Talmudic writings as the final authority or the Jews beliefs and interpretations.

• Terry
    Terry

Did I cite the Torah and Talmudic writings as the final authority or the Jews beliefs and interpretations.

What would "final" mean?

When we argue with our neighbor over the meaning of a word, we go to a Dictionary.

The Dictionary doesn't tell you what is wrong or right, however.

It is the lexicographer feeding back what was gleaned from monitoring current usage at large.

Very old dictionaries (compared with the latest one) is disputatious by comparison.

The Bible too is a moment in time---a snapshot---of current use.

As it was redacted and copied, the hands of time had moved to a NEW "current" use or understanding.

Evidence is a touchy subject when it comes to scripture citation, to say the least.

All we can say about 1 John 5: 7 is that somebody wanted it IN and somebody wanted it OUT of the Bible.

When?

Who?

Why?

And this is, to me, EVIDENCE of how anything Bibilical appears or doesn't--rather than a definitive answer cosmologically decreed by

a final authority (i.e. Almighty God.)

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear designs...

you are constantly saying, "judaism doesn't teach that". Rabbinc judaism is interpretation of the torah and there are different versions of interpretation. That's why there are various sects of judaism from ultra orthodox to liberal. Besides that, if you don't believe in God, it is hypocrisy to argue for what you believe the right interpretaion of His word is.

dear Terry...

you've said what amounts to: no one can know anything about anything from the bible because it's been tampered with and, "Evidence is a touchy subject when it comes to scripture citation, to say the least."...

you have cited the lost sheep parable as a portrait of the character of Jesus (matthew 18:11-12) more than once in your effort to prove that the WTBTS are wrong in their disfellowshipping policy. Don't you think that you owe the tax man something?

as far as I can tell you're as thick as thieves.

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit