Is the AGM today?

by hamsterbait 207 Replies latest jw friends

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

A few people here (three?) have claimed that they heard it from a JW who was there. It's very strange to me that we can't get to the bottom of this, and it makes me suspicious that it's just traveling the Witness grapevine as a rumor.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Pasted below is an actual email recently forwarded to me from my dad, who is a long-time, well-known JW elder, which he received by a long-time, die-hard JW. According to this email, the new developments discussed in this thread are authenticated. I have removed the actual name and email address of the email’s original sender to preserve confidentiality (his and mine).

====================

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 6, 2014 at 10:28:26 AM EDT
    To: undisclosed-recipients:;
    Subject: Fwd: JW.org <http://JW.org> - 2014 Annual General Meeting
    ______
    XXXXX

Over 4000 in attendance at the Stanley Theater (19,000 listened in overall from other branch offices)

-- New online tv channel to be available Monday. They will be offering Morning Worship and Governing Body talks once a month or so. tv.jw.org <http://tv.jw.org>  via JW Broadcasting (check out their control room)The media will be pre recorded in case you were wondering.
    OCTOBER 4, 2014
    http://www.jw-archive.org/image/99173003243>
    Private Tour of the new JW Broadcasting TV Station!! So awesome!
    The first hour long show plays this week on tv.jw.org <http://tv.jw.org>  
    http://www.jw-archive.org/image/99173132213>
    JW BROADCASTING CONTROL ROOM

-- New Pocket size Bible distributed. Will be available to order soon.

-- New songs in English distributed for the meeting.

-- In September next year there will be a new level of pioneering. Currently, this is auxiliary, regular and special .... new option called Basic Pioneer that involves reaching 10 hours a month and the purpose is to reach a milestone in August that all brothers and sisters report and avoid inactivity.

-- Also have been introduced to a new video for children, Caleb and Sophia.

Brothers announce that we have a new understanding of the meaning of GOG OF MAGOG that it is no longer understood to be Satan.

-- A new APP can be downloaded for JW LANGUAGE, and you can learn a new language online to facilitate preaching to people of other languages.

-- On 01/01/15 a new part of the service meeting entitled “How you learnt the truth” to replace local needs in which all members of the congregation can relate their experience.

-- Bethelites with five years or more service may serve for a year on a missionary assignment.
    -- Year Text for 2015

XXXXX

XXXXX 

JW.ORG <http://www.jw.org/en>

“This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God,  and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. ”   ― John 17:3

“Less Television and more Bible vision”

“The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.” ― Mark Twain

“All truth goes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Then it is violently opposed. Finally it is accepted as self evident”   ― Schopenhauer 1409-1527

“Facts are stubborn things”

“When in doubt, remember that the kind thing is the right thing.”

“Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.”

“No good deed goes unpunished”

“When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bustling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.”  ― Dale Carnegie

“As there is no worse lie than a truth misunderstood by those who hear it, so reasonable arguments, challenges to magnanimity, and appeals to sympathy or justice, are folly when we are dealing with human crocodiles and boa―constrictors.”

“An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.”

“The Real Life is about the Truth and it is not about who is right rather what is right”  ― pt

“It’s better to walk alone, than with a crowd going in the wrong direction."

“Science brings men nearer to God.” ― Louis Pasteur

“If the lawn is greener on the other side of the fence,   water your lawn!”

“A pretty face is nothing if you have an ugly heart."

When asked how they managed to stay together for 65 years, the woman replied, “We were born in time where if something was broke, you fixed it... Not throw it away!”

“In marriage 1+1 = everything and 2-1 = nothing”

“Love is giving someone the power to destroy you, and trusting them not to.”

“A woman without her man is nothing”  … it’s all about punctuation:

“A woman without her man, is nothing.”

“A woman: without her, man is nothing.”

“Eternity is very long, especially towards the end...”

“I have not been everywhere, but it is on my list…”

“Don’t let schooling interfere with your education”

“Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.”

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on my part”

“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn’t happen at once.”

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

“Music is what feelings sound like.”

“A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.”  ― Leopold Stokowski

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign of?” ― A. Einstein

“‘YOU people must not do injustice in the judgment. You must not treat the lowly with partiality, and you must not prefer the person of a great one. With justice you should judge your associate.”   ―Leviticus 19:15

“There is something futile [Or “frustrating.”] that takes place on the earth: There are righteous people who are treated as if they had acted wickedly, and there are wicked people who are treated as if they had acted righteously. I say that this too is futility.”   ― Ecclesiastes 8:14

“And I said to myself: ‘Wisdom is better than mightiness; yet a poor man’s wisdom is despised, and his words are not heeded.’ ”   ― Ecclesiastes 9:16

Jehovah isn't looking for ones with a head full of knowledge.  Instead, he is looking for those with a heart full of love.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door

And the plot thickens for Basic Pioneers and service meeting part changes....

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

SAHS, the actual email address is still embedded behind the XXXs, you probably want to edit your post and click the Unlink button while the address is highlighted.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

New Theocratic Hierarchy...

Missionary

Special Pioneer

Regular Pioneer

Auxiliary Pioneer

Basic Pioneer

Baptized Publisher

Unbaptized Publisher

Study

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Ohhhhhhh, McXXXXXXXX is a dead man now.....

• Comatose
    Comatose

MODERATOR - HELP

need to remove the top part of SAHS's email post

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

No worries, it's a 404 dead link. Just don't copy and paste it because then the cat is out of the bag.

Yeah. Simon may want to delete that. I would send him a message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit