Is the AGM today?

by hamsterbait 207 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I think that the national average of hrs, which used to be ten per month, has dropped off so sharply, that this basic pioneer arrangement is simply to get the pubs to put in 10 hrs monthly again, it is a special title for them,,, regular pios will still put in 70 and aux pios still 30 or 50.

But when they get millions as "Basic Pioneers" will they combine this with the other pios and claim a new all- time peak?

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

I pioneered when I was a kid and back then it was called "Vacation Pioneering" and it was something like 75 or 80 hours (I forget). Then they changed the title to "Temporary Pioneer" and started dropping the hours for both Temporary and Regular.

• smiddy
    smiddy

There isn't a dime's worth of difference between the JW's and the Mormons, Amway or any other multi-level marketing scheme. Same tactics, different products. Same profits. Same zombies.

I totally agree

smiddy

• hildebrando
    hildebrando

*** w65 9/1 pp. 531-532 pars. 25-29 Jehovah Blesses the Putting of His Kingdom First ***

25 Then there are those who serve full time in the field ministry, known as pioneers. Among this number are some 7,900 who devote 150 hours or more each month to the field ministry and who are free to serve wherever they are needed and who receive financial assistance so that they can devote so much of their time to their ministry, either as missionaries or as special pioneers. Among the many joys these have is serving in foreign lands or serving where there is no organized congregation, literally pioneering, even as the apostle Paul did, or else aiding weak congregations, in addition to their field ministry.—2 Cor. 10:16.

26 The great majority of full-time ministers, however, are pioneer ministers, upward of 35,000, who devote each month some one hundred hours or more to the ministry and at the same time usually provide for themselves by part-time work or by taking care of their family duties, as in the case of housewives that serve as pioneers. Many are their blessings as they daily go from house to house, make return visits and conduct home Bible studies, train less experienced ones and discharge their obligations to the local congregation, often as overseers or one of the ministerial assistants.—Phil. 1:1.

THE VACATION PIONEER MINISTRY

27 Still another blessed privilege that ever more Witnesses are seeing their privilege to take advantage of is the vacation pioneer ministry by means of which part-time ministers can experience the joys and blessings of the full-time ministry for one or for several months. Its minimum requirements are one’s having been an active baptized minister for six months and being able to devote fifty hours to preaching in two weeks and twenty-five hours more for the remaining two weeks of a month. Most vacation pioneers devote a hundred hours in preaching, much of it from house to house.

28 Not a few have taken advantage of this provision while engaged in secular work eight hours a day five days a week. However, it is a privilege that is especially recommended for those still going to school when they have their vacations, for housewives, seasonal and retired workers; all who can see their way clear to thus ‘buy out the opportune time for themselves.’ Some have taken advantage of it during a temporary layoff or when they are rendered idle because of a strike. Many have also seen their privilege to take advantage of this ministry when the traveling representative of the Society, the circuit minister, visited their congregation.

29 In April 1965, there were 25,448 of such vacation pioneers enrolled in the United States alone. Such added activity, putting God’s interests first in their lives, worked to the good of all. Many of those who have served as vacation pioneers have ever after been able to do more in the ministry, as one such minister who previously had averaged 9.6 hours monthly increased his average hours to 21; and, in particular, has the quality of their ministry improved. Then again, others, as a result of serving as vacation pioneers, have seen their privilege to become regular full-time pioneer ministers. It has also been an easy step for youths who served as vacation pioneers during their school years to enter the full-time ministry upon completing their schooling.

• prologos
    prologos

May be they do not want any more publishers, it is a re-making of ALL the names, tiles. The title publisher gave at least a hint of originality, freedom of what and how to publish.speech seasoned with salt. that is gone, press the right place on your device.you kingdom pioneers.

(any raised in the former Comunist countries will feel an added parallel irony. )

junior, forever young.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I lifted this from J W Talk ( all diehard dubs )

There's two brothers originally from my hall serving in Bethel now, one in Wallkill, one in Brooklyn.

Both have confirmed everything reported so far except for Bethelite missionary service, 10 hour pioneering, and the replacement of local needs.

According to the brother in Brooklyn, those three items were fake "leaks" put up on Friday on a Spanish-language apostate website, and unfortunately that false information has been making the rounds among Spanish-speaking brothers and sisters, even in Bethel, since Friday evening.

NB You may imagine the sycophantic "kings new clothes " whoops for joy at all the other stuff confirmed . They just love the language app and tv.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I lifted this from J W Talk ( all diehard dubs )

Not all ;-)

• Chris Tann
    Chris Tann

HeyHildebrando, no I'm not happy. Your only source is J W Leaks, all other sources do not include the 10 hour basic pioneer. J W survey does not include it because he said he can't verify that, also several witnesses who attended the meeting say nothing about it, which we would assume they would, I mean 10 hour pioneering is more juicy than new songs ,which these attendees do include. Just saying,please make sure of these thing before posting. We don't need false rumors spreading, that can take away credibility from some ex witnesses who are trying to reason with Witnesses on TTATT. THANKS brother.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

love the tv channel...will it have ads too?....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Doctrinal changes to interpretation of 'Gog of Magog' to governments today and not 'nations' after Armageddon"

Wait, what?

"Gog or Magog" were previously viewed as "nations after Armageddon"?

WTF?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit