Is the AGM today?

by hamsterbait 207 Replies latest jw friends

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I just got this from my cousin in Walkill!!

Dwain

The following were not mentioned at the annual meeting...

-- In September next year there will be a new level of pioneering. Currently, this is auxiliary, regular and special .... new option called Basic Pioneer that involves reaching 10 hours a month and the purpose is to reach a milestone in August that all brothers and sisters report and avoid inactivity.

-- On 01/01/15 a new part of the service meeting entitled “How you learnt the truth” to replace local needs in which all members of the congregation can relate their experience.

-- Bethelites with five years or more service may serve for a year on a missionary assignment.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Did he say when this was mentioned? If so, I can ask someone who was there.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

It was not a part if the program at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwain

• millie210
    millie210

Thank you Dwain for your clear concise post.

It didnt make any sense that it would benefit The Org in any way to make such statements.

Just rumor.

Got it!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Dwain, I read what you wrote the way wifibandit evidently did. What you wrote could be taken to mean that those things were mentioned, but not at the annual meeting, as if your source was saying that those are some new developments that are going to occur, but they were not mentioned at the annual meeting. Sort of like "this is some juicy stuff that was not mentioned at the annual meeting."

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Very interesting....So was it meant to be a trick? I remember in the sixties, when they had this Pioneer for a day provision. It fizzled away eventually.

It would really be interesting to find out why/how these rumours got started.

It seems suspicious that it was initially started from a Spanish source, and then the English later on couldn't authenticate it.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I was kind of wondering if it was some misinfo deliberately given to a suspected few to test them to see if they were leaking info. It seems so specific and thought out.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Wow, I forgot about the pioneer for a day thing! But it seems to have been more of a self choice type thing, where one would spend a full day working with pioneer's!

Dwain

• Island Man
    Island Man

I have heard my close relatives who are dyed in the wool JWs speaking about the 10 hour basic pioneering. It seems like it may be true.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The basic 10 hour pioneer thing sounds like something WE would come up with as a parody of the ever shrinking pioneer hour requirement, and the twice yearly sale on pioneering, when it is discounted to 30 hours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit