Watchtower encouraging members to go and preach in Israel

by wannaexit 71 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Sometimes I wonder if this a way of making some modern day martyrs so the governing body can cry "persecution"

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Personally, I think this is outrageous. I think things have gone off the deep end with the Org., I really do. This time they asked for 'anyone' who speaks Hebrew, not the just the 'elite'.

• blondie
    blondie

Some years ago a hand grenade was put on the front door of the Bethel there. Fortunately, it was found and the police disabled it. Also, Orthodox Jewish men would stand outside and chant offensive things, harass people leaving Bethel, even throwing stones.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

this letter was read at my meeting here in canada. doubt anyone would go on their own dime. they want you there for at least two weeks. ya right. you don't need to know hebrew either, the letter said english or hebrew publishers are invited due to much of israel being english

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I nominate the WTBTS Governing body for this special event! Since they are fond of tunnels I suggest a tour of all the Hamas tunnels and a special day of street work in Gaza!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wasn't there a Kingdumb ministry about how you would not want to learn Hebrew language several years back?

• hoser
    hoser

September 2007 Kingdom ministry question box discourages learning hebrew and greek.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

An odd letter was read at last nights' meeting. It was in regards to a special campaign for next year arranged by the governing body to go and preach in Israel. The call is going out to anybody that speaks Hebrew and English.

LOL.....why would a moden day JW even need to speak? All you need to do to be considered a JW preacher is stand near a literature cart or show somebody a Watchtower video at the door.

• blondie
    blondie

hoser, I think the WTS was talking about biblical greek and hebrew not current versions of those languages today.

*** km 9/07 p. 3 Question Box ***

▪ Does “the faithful and discreet slave” endorse independent groups of Witnesses who meet together to engage in Scriptural research or debate?—Matt. 24:45, 47.

No, it does not. And yet, in various parts of the world, a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects. Some have pursued an independent group study of Biblical Hebrew and Greekso as to analyze the accuracy of the New World Translation...

From my own experience: traveling to Israel is very safe. Except for Gaza, which is pretty far away from every place where tourists will go.

A few years ago we've visited a Dutch sister who lives in Israel since the 80s. She had some nice stories about the jewish opposition against JW. They are getting some serious threats now and then. So funny when she showed a poster which was distributed in her region with the faces of her and other JW and a nasty text (I don't remember the words). But in general she was really positive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit